Honored Contributor

Re: “Olivia”From Apple Support

@bewise I don't answer at all.  Once you answer, they know it's a live number.  I just block most of those numbers I don't recognize.  I never pick up my phone unless I recognize the caller.

Respected Contributor

I got the call from Olivia, also. Funny, since I have nothing from Apple. I didn't answer.

Honored Contributor

I never answer those calls.  It just makes more calls.

I block the number, no matter how many times they call from a different one.  Eventually they stop.

Honored Contributor

if you decide to answer, NEVER press a number. you may continue to have problems with these types of calls. ME?.....i have caller ID and never pick up unless i know the caller OR am expecting a call.

https://www.consumerreports.org/consumerist/please-dont-press-any-buttons-when-you-get-a-scammy-robo...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would think apple would have a better  hold on stopping those calls, expensive phones.

@goldensrbest 

Since these calls are not coming from Apple, there is nothing Apple can or should do to stop them.  Two weeks from now these same scammers will be sending out messages claiming to be from Amazon or some other company. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden --just went through the very same thing a few weeks ago--call your provider--mine is Comcast. there is a way to block those calls   on your phone---#77 or *77, -not sure if it is the * or the # first. it took maybe a day to finally get rid of most lof them. I still get a few but not the 20 I got in 12 hrs one Saturday.

@wagirl  *77 works with Xfinity, AT&T and Verizon home phone service... and it only blocks callers who do not display their phone number... these spam calls do display spoof numbers to get around this...

Honored Contributor

I'd be on the phone to my Congressional Representatives and phone company demanding something be done about such calls.  It's harassment, pure and simple.  I have a phone company screening device on my phone and rarely even get a solicitation, let alone Olivia.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yesterday we received at least 20 calls from Olivia from Apple Support....an automated robot  call telling me my ICloud account has been hacked...to press one and stay on the line for assistance.....

Every call from "Olivia" was from a different phone number...thus I can not block them.  So I just hand up on her rather than listen to the phone ring.  

I decided to press one and see who I would talk to...

I got a call center( you can hear all the hubbub in the back ground....an Indian sounding fellow took the call....I told Him Olivia was calling me none stop....that Olivia needed to take a break....he laughed and said "Oh THAT Olivia". We chatted for a minute. It seems he gets a lot of called concerning Olivia.... he was polite and actually nice.

I knew that there was nothing he could do to stop the calls....it was just the only outlet I had for my frustration with the endless calls... it was entertaining 😄

Olivia's final call last night was about 6:00 pm.  I hope she does not call again today....

UPDATE:  Well, Olivia started her calling this morning at 9AM.  So if I do not answer...the phone rings for like 20 rings none stop....Olivia is relentless

...even if I set the answer machine  to pick up after the 2nd ring... Olivia leaves a message.  So she does not hang up if the answering machine  picks up... I guess I will have to turn off the ringer. Kind of goes against the purpose for having a phone...

to receive calls. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Just wondering....do you have the option to block calls on your phone?  If not, maybe you can get one of those call blocking device.  It's annoying that we pay for our phones, and these idiots pay nothing to use it to bug us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No Apple devices here but I still get calls from them routinely, and like the OP, there was one day last year that the calls were incessant, with multiple calls in the same day. 

It really does seem unfortunate that we have this entire agency, the FCC, and yet it appears there's nothing they can do to clean up telecommunications...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...