Honored Contributor

“Olivia”From Apple Support

Yesterday we received at least 20 calls from Olivia from Apple Support....an automated robot  call telling me my ICloud account has been hacked...to press one and stay on the line for assistance.....

Every call from "Olivia" was from a different phone number...thus I can not block them.  So I just hand up on her rather than listen to the phone ring.  

I decided to press one and see who I would talk to...

I got a call center( you can hear all the hubbub in the back ground....an Indian sounding fellow took the call....I told Him Olivia was calling me none stop....that Olivia needed to take a break....he laughed and said "Oh THAT Olivia". We chatted for a minute. It seems he gets a lot of called concerning Olivia.... he was polite and actually nice.

I knew that there was nothing he could do to stop the calls....it was just the only outlet I had for my frustration with the endless calls... it was entertaining 😄

Olivia's final call last night was about 6:00 pm.  I hope she does not call again today....

Honored Contributor

Re: “Olivia”From Apple Support

I had a similar situation recently.  I just kept blocking each number.  I have a Panasonic phone which allows something like 200-250 blocks.  If it starts to get full, I just delete them all and start over.  Seems like those numbers don't get used again...at least not right away.  It's been working for me.

Respected Contributor

That is so annoying. 

Lots of people in my neighborhood have been getting calls saying their Amazon account has been erroneously charged and the neighbor needs to provide their amazon password to get it cleared up. 

One person posted on FaceBook about it and then several other neighbors chimed in to say they got the same call. 

Honored Contributor

I suppose for every Person that knows these are spam calls....there are enough gullible  people who take the bait and give out there personal info or credit card number ...Mothers maiden name etc, that it makes it profitable for them.  That is what is sad.

Honored Contributor

I would think apple would have a better  hold on stopping those calls, expensive phones.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would think apple would have a better  hold on stopping those calls, expensive phones.

@goldensrbest  There are numerous settings I use on my iPhone to stop robo and unknown numbers in addition to blocking and have eliminated about 98% of unwanted calls. Some are sent directly to voice mail and robo calls don't leave messages. 

Trusted Contributor

Had the same thing happen here,Every time the call had a different number.I also did press 1 as. I was told to.The man started his line,then blocked him.Still had calls all the day an more.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden --just went through the very same thing a few weeks ago--call your provider--mine is Comcast. there is a way to block those calls   on your phone---#77 or *77, -not sure if it is the * or the # first. it took maybe a day to finally get rid of most lof them. I still get a few but not the 20 I got in 12 hrs one Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I know the tempation to answer is extreme, but once you do, I think those calls will continue.  No way Olivia actually works for Apple. 

Honored Contributor

Unless "Olivia" was leaving me a message, I wouldn't know she even called since I don't answer calls from unknown sources, not even the ones from myself.  

I did get an odd E-mail the other day.  It supposedly came from Yahoo, although the actual E-mail address was a name@yahoo.com.  But, it just aked if I had an Amazon account.  Huh?  Why would I even tell Yahoo that, much less some unknown person?