Frequent Contributor

Re: Olive Garden Manager in Kansas Fired for

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Probably not the best way to handle the call out situation, but I LOVE the woman's straightforwardness!

Why are you under the assumption this person (former manager) is a woman @RedTop ?

It says......I much rather be at home with my husband @gertrudecloset   in the body of the message.

@SloopJohnB I know what it says.  I posted it so that means I read it prior to doing that.  Stop for a minute and think about that.  Despite the fact that it's Kansas.....

@gertrudecloset   Why the need to berate Kansas?

Obvious troll.  I'm aware some states are much more Progressive than others................

Who are you calling a troll?  You're the one knocking the state of Kansas.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:
This one is right around the corner from where I live although I haven't been there in decades. I had some of the worst chicken fettuccine I've ever had, practically no sauce. 
Lol.  Decades?  That cool is probably dead.

Respected Contributor

I didn't think about turning  tables but I was at our local one for lunch last week and we both got the salad and soup and when we ordered the 3rd soup a different one for each of us they were both so saltly we left then without finishing. and the server didn't add the 2 take home dinners to the  order and we didn't bother asking for them.

when I read the letter now I wonder if the favorites always got  the better tables.

I think she will get another job if she hasn't already.

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time taking this all in.  Lol. I cannot believe anyone, let alone a manager woukd compose  a letter like that.  Maybe he wanted to get fired. I mean I cannot begin to list the violations he put to print. All owners and managers may think those things but to compose it in print and deliver. It, well too much egg nog and toddy's maybe

Honored Contributor

It's the nature of any business that has servers, retail help, part-time employees, and mimimum-low wage employees. If he can't handle that, he should not be a manager.

The problem is that companies want to pay as little as possible and keep slashing benefits. They'll never earn loyalty by ripping off their people.

I was a manager and high level manager my whole career. You would be shocked at how that huge financial services corporation treated employees. Some managers would even brag about how they pay less than the minimum for a job. I took a lot of heat because I didn't treat my teams the same horrible way. 

No one likes to be called names, yelled at, used, or be underpaid.

People respond better to fair pay, decent benefits, dignity, and respect.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's the nature of any business that has servers, retail help, part-time employees, and mimimum-low wage employees. If he can't handle that, he should not be a manager.

The problem is that companies want to pay as little as possible and keep slashing benefits. They'll never earn loyalty by ripping off their people.

I was a manager and high level manager my whole career. You would be shocked at how that huge financial services corporation treated employees. Some managers would even brag about how they pay less than the minimum for a job. I took a lot of heat because I didn't treat my teams the same horrible way. 

If you are speaking about this particular corporation and their managers, you are sorely mistaken about their pay, benefits and perks.  They are paid very well and have excellent medical and dental benefits, a 401K that is matched, life insurance and quarterly bonuses.

If you are speaking about waitstaff and back of the house team members, they are treated by Corporate equally as well...

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

Probably not the best way to handle the call out situation, but I LOVE the woman's straightforwardness!

Why are you under the assumption this person (former manager) is a woman @RedTop ?

It says......I much rather be at home with my husband @gertrudecloset   in the body of the message.

@SloopJohnB I know what it says.  I posted it so that means I read it prior to doing that.  Stop for a minute and think about that.  Despite the fact that it's Kansas.....

@gertrudecloset   Why the need to berate Kansas?

Obvious troll.  I'm aware some states are much more Progressive than others................

Who are you calling a troll?  You're the one knocking the state of Kansas.

You write more like someone who has friends here with your low post count and for someone who just registered.  You're not a troll.  You're a new persona!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

If you are speaking about this particular corporation and their managers, you are sorely mistaken about their pay, benefits and perks.  They are paid very well and have excellent medical and dental benefits, a 401K that is matched, life insurance and quarterly bonuses.

If you are speaking about waitstaff and back of the house team members, they are treated by Corporate equally as well...

Is that so @CelticCrafter ?  What's the story with the staff only making $2.13 hour before tips?  Why do they have EEOC hanging down their back?  I do see that at some time in 2021 they said they would raise their minimum wage to $10.00 per hour.  Being paid per hour means they are not salaried.  They likely get less benefits than salaried employees.  According to Glassdoor salaries can start at $29,400 per year up to $293,000 per year depending on State and Title I suppose.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I've been interested in this thread because 10 years ago I decided to invest some money in a retail company. I do my own research. After a few months it came down to Darden or TJ Maxx.

Darden restaurants are not my favorites to eat in, but I was so impressed with how smart this company was. Every detail was researched; nothing left to chance. Almost military in its top-down control. But they really understood America and Americans. They precisely defined the market for each concept and then created an "experience," not just a meal.

No business is perfect, but I felt that overall Darden was above average with its employees.

In the end I bought TJ Maxx stock, but I remain impressed with Darden.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Is that so @CelticCrafter ?  What's the story with the staff only making $2.13 hour before tips?  Why do they have EEOC hanging down their back?  I do see that at some time in 2021 they said they would raise their minimum wage to $10.00 per hour.  Being paid per hour means they are not salaried.  They likely get less benefits than salaried employees.  According to Glassdoor salaries can start at $29,400 per year up to $293,000 per year depending on State and Title I suppose.

Yeah, it is @gertrudecloset.  As I stated in previous posts in this thread, my daughter was a department manager at one of the concepts and my son-in-law is a regional manager for another concept so I do know first hand how they treat their employees. 

Now you've become the salary expert for Darden?  Google on because that first number is half of what a starting manager is paid...