Honored Contributor

Re: Olive Garden Manager in Kansas Fired for

[ Edited ]

I certainly hope the next place he applies checks her references.  Restaurants are desperate for help but hopefully none will want this fool.  I wonder if Olive Garden had her on some kind of bonus for turning tables quickly and the revenue earned?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SloopJohnB  21st century husband(s) are not always "male." whistling.gif

Ok.....I always hear same sex couples refer to their spouses as wives if they are both female and husbands if they are both males.  

@SloopJohnB 

My wife set me straight a few days ago. I hate to say the word "gender" now that there are way more than 2, in other people's world, not mine.

Male marries Male, both are husbands. Female marries female, both use the term wife. 

Please don't get into pronouns. I heard they even changed the definition of woman in a well known dictionary. What next?

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Like they sing in Aladdin, we are in " a whole new world."  Woman Frustrated

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I certainly hope the next place he applies checks her references.  Restaurants are desperate for help but hopefully none will want this fool.  I wonder if Olive Garden had her on some kind of bonus for turning tables quickly and the revenue earned?

Daren gives quarterly bonuses to all managers based on profits for that location.  The GM/MP gets a little more than the department managers and department managers get the same amount.

It's up to the wait staff to turn tables, not the managers.  

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter     What is the MP in GM/MP?

A Darden factoid*: Workers on curbside duty get a higher hourly wage to make up for lower tips.

*The use of factoid has almost disappeared. It was so popular ten or so years ago. Good to dust it off and use it occasionally.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Daren gives quarterly bonuses to all managers based on profits for that location.  The GM/MP gets a little more than the department managers and department managers get the same amount.

It's up to the wait staff to turn tables, not the managers.  

Yes but if the tables are being turned quickly by the waitstaff then more money is earned for the manager.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I don't believe everything I hear or read, in fact I trust very little of it.

Does that include this mb?

Respected Contributor

This one is right around the corner from where I live although I haven't been there in decades. I had some of the worst chicken fettuccine I've ever had, practically no sauce. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 some of the Darden concepts call the GM's Managing Partner even tho they have no stake or ownership in the property.

Respected Contributor

I think the manager's exasperation and total frustration with deadbeat workers was reflected in the letter. The use of sarcasm was not understood; sad. She should not have been fired imo. And yes, I am assuming the manager is a woman.

Honored Contributor

I understand his frustration. He's the one who was held responsible by management, customers and other staff when workers abused the sick leave policy. He was squeezed from all sides and obviously he cracked.  I think he erred in writing that memo.  I think that was unprofessional.  Getting fired was the best thing for him.