Esteemed Contributor

Re: Older Men Pursuing Much Younger Women

On 1/30/2015 annabella said:

It is never going to stop! Men always look for a young woman. Any woman over 45 is pretty much a crone and to men that is not attractive.... they do not want anything shriveled and wrinkled. Men want youth to make them feel young. Men always want ""IT"" and want it from a young woman. Men even when old and shriveled always look to the young girls. It is a brain ""man"" thing.

The word is Sugar Daddy. Look around the Web at all the May-December relationships in Hollywood.
Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Justina rae said:

OP you only have yourself to blame. I'm sorry but at your age you should know what to say even without hurting the man's feelings. The first time he handed you his phone number you only needed to say I'm sorry, I'm not available or My boyfriend wouldn't like that (if you wanted to joke about it). Do you have a male friend who can be seen with you in this man's neighborhood?

I don't think "blame" is the right word to use here. What about him? If someone is vague or turns you down once, isn't that enough of a signal? If we start getting into blaming the woman, I think we're headed down a dangerous path. Yes, she could have been stronger in her response, but he also could be a gentleman and back off. I don't see reason to blame the o/p for anything. She feels upset enough already over this.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

It's hard to tell whether he's a nut or just persistent. Get some mace and/or pepper spray and carry it with you. When you leave your house, look around as you walk off your property and stay alert. That's good advice regardless of whether you have some creep driving up the street after you, especially when it's dark.

If any alarm bells go off, I'd go to the police. It's better to be safe than sorry. That he drove up to you when you weren't even near his house is worrisome. He could be a stalker.

Honored Contributor

I am guilty as charged. When I was 21 years old my wife was barely10. What a creep I was/am for falling for such a young child.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Anna Nicole Smith was in this kind of relationship with the Billionaire major old sick sugar daddy. You know Nicole had intentions... No young beautiful woman is going to give of herself and kiss and touch an old smelly rotting old man with bad teeth unless she is in the will....

Sadly, Anna never got her money.... and lived a sad sad life until her demise.

Super Contributor

It is never going to stop! Men always look for a young woman. Any woman over 45 is pretty much a crone and to men that is not attractive.... they do not want anything shriveled and wrinkled. Men want youth to make them feel young. Men always want "IT" and want it from a young woman. Men even when old and shriveled always look to the young girls. It is a brain "man" thing.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

There are some men like that perhaps, but good grief you make it sound like anyone over 45 is a wrinkled up old bag! Actually the word 'crone' is considered pretty negative but it shouldn't be. In some cultures it's considered a term of respect. Besides, the OP isn't some young girl in her 20's, although that's the impression I got at first reading the beginning of this thread. Forty is not THAT young.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Issiestorm said:

It is never going to stop! Men always look for a young woman. Any woman over 45 is pretty much a crone and to men that is not attractive.... they do not want anything shriveled and wrinkled. Men want youth to make them feel young. Men always want "IT" and want it from a young woman. Men even when old and shriveled always look to the young girls. It is a brain "man" thing.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

There are some men like that perhaps, but good grief you make it sound like anyone over 45 is a wrinkled up old bag! Actually the word 'crone' is considered pretty negative but it shouldn't be. In some cultures it's considered a term of respect. Besides, the OP isn't some young girl in her 20's, although that's the impression I got at first reading the beginning of this thread. Forty is not THAT young.

Seriously Jennifer Lopez will be 46 in July. Does that mean she will all of a sudden be old and wrinkled?

Honored Contributor

I would tell him I was in a committed relationship and not interested and end the conversation. I'd repeat the same exact words every time he spoke to me. If that doesn't get him to back down, then there may be something to worry about.
Honored Contributor

OP you only have yourself to blame. I'm sorry but at your age you should know what to say even without hurting the man's feelings. The first time he handed you his phone number you only needed to say I'm sorry, I'm not available or My boyfriend wouldn't like that (if you wanted to joke about it). Do you have a male friend who can be seen with you in this man's neighborhood?

ITA ..... a 40 year old woman should know what to say to make her point clear.

OR ... possibly she initially enjoyed his attention. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

ITA ..... a 40 year old woman should know what to say to make her point clear.

OR ... possibly she initially enjoyed his attention. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I had a friend who was beautiful and very nice to everyone, male or female. She was going with the man she would marry and not interested in anyone but had a friendly conversation with some guy. He went totally berserk and found out everything about her, including her name and her family's phone number. He called and they (also very friendly) gave him her address. He'd been stalking her by phone and luckily her parents sent the police to her room just as he arrived there. That's what happens when a pretty woman is too friendly to a NUT. Luckily, I don't have that problem because I'm kind of a b***ch, or "unapproachable," as some have tactfully opined. Ha, ha!