Respected Contributor

Re: Older Men Pursuing Much Younger Women

On 1/31/2015 bikerbabe said:
On 1/31/2015 Ilikeshade said:

I also would not like it if some old man kept bugging me when I took a walk. I certainly don't want to be on defense or be concerned because some old codger doesn't get my body language that I'm not interested. Reciprocating a hello is not leading him on as some very ignorant people seem to think nor do I have to change my routine to demonstrate to him that I'm not interested, no one dominates me like that. Also, just because you know someone who is in a marriage with a big age difference doesn't mean others have an interest in that. Berating the OP with your silly stories is just rude.

I don't care what type of man OP finds attractive but she made a blanket statement that an older man with a young woman is gross. Sure sounds to me like she's being judgmental of others.

That's her opinion...don't know why it bothers you. Growing old together with someone you met when you were in your 30's is vastly different than getting used to the habits and health issues of someone much older that you just met. That sounds kind of gross to me too.

I choose to see the person not their physical ailments. It's not gross. It's called unconditional love.

Physical attraction is very important in a relationship. One very lucky lady on these forums married a Mark Harmon look-a-like but those types don't come along very often.

I never said physical attraction doesn't matter. It's possible to be attracted to someone even if they have health issues. At least some people are capable of that. In any case a relationship based only on physical attraction is superficial.

Look, some people don't want to play the role of a nurse with someone they recently met. If you do that's great! More power to you!

Super Contributor

How did this thread get so convoluted? The OP started it by intimating that she was a young woman (think maybe 20's, that's what it sounded like to me) who was being pursued by a much older (70's) man. Then she claimed she was 40. Still later, posters dug up some old posts of hers where she said she was 50-something. So, we really have a 53(I think that was the latest figure) year old woman who claims that a 70 something year old man is interested in her. Yet she doesn't really know the actual age of the man. Wouldn't it be funny if he were actually the same age as she was.

Honored Contributor

As usual,this BB is just full of man haters. Any and every thing that an man does is just horrid to them. So sad. they are cutting themselves off from 50% of the population of potential friends.

As for the OP's situation - she simply needs to tell him she is not interested in dating an older man - open , honest and clean. I'm 100% positive he would then leave her alone. I think she is enjoying the attention and playing him along.

Honored Contributor

people don't want to play the role of a nurse with someone they recently met. If you do that's great! More power to you!

What a leap to conclusion !! Who says he is ill or she is healthy?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/31/2015 happy housewife said:

As usual,this BB is just full of man haters. Any and every thing that an man does is just horrid to them. So sad. they are cutting themselves off from 50% of the population of potential friends.

As for the OP's situation - she simply needs to tell him she is not interested in dating an older man - open , honest and clean. I'm 100% positive he would then leave her alone. I think she is enjoying the attention and playing him along.

"Full of man haters"? Just because a few posters say something negative about particular men doesn't make them "man haters".

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I might have the OP mixed up with someone else, but I thought she was in her 50's but now it says 40. If a 70 year old asked out a 54 year old, I wouldn't fine that terribly strange, but if it is a thirty year age difference, I would discourage the attention.

Updated to say that I found an old post called How Old is Too Old regarding dressing age appropriate and the OP definitely put that she was 53 years old.

Esteemed Contributor

people don't want to play the role of a nurse with someone they recently met. If you do that's great! More power to you!

Pot-kettle-black

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Did it occur to anyone that maybe that 70 year old man thought the OP was more his age? Just askin....

Respected Contributor

She said she walks around her neighborhood and other neighborhoods daily so she's active.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 baker said:

This older man is no doubt very lonely and has taken a shine to you. I would have nipped his advances in the bud from the first encounter. If he doesn't leave you alone I would report him to the police for stalking.

ITA. The OP also doesn't say how old she is. Maybe he thinks she's close to his age.