Honored Contributor

Re: Older Men Pursuing Much Younger Women

On 1/30/2015 nutmeg3 said:
On 1/30/2015 annabella said:

It is never going to stop! Men always look for a young woman. Any woman over 45 is pretty much a crone and to men that is not attractive.... they do not want anything shriveled and wrinkled. Men want youth to make them feel young. Men always want "IT" and want it from a young woman. Men even when old and shriveled always look to the young girls. It is a brain "man" thing.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

The word is Sugar Daddy. Look around the Web at all the May-December relationships in Hollywood.

Who are you referring to? While I don't dispute that this exists for both young women and men, not everyone is attracted to only people their same age.

In the years I was single, I've dated men up to 21 years older ..... and 17 years younger!

So what? ..... Single people can date who they want. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Regular Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Why don't you just stop walking down his street?

You showing up in his neighborhood only encourages him ... so, just stop. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

WHY should SHE stop walking down a public street?

The old, h*rny guy should take a hint and leave her alone! I would have NO problem just being rude to this guy.

OP, keep walking wherever you want!

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 pood said:

You showing up in his neighborhood only encourages him ... so, just stop. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

WHY should SHE stop walking down a public street?

The old, h*rny guy should take a hint and leave her alone! I would have NO problem just being rude to this guy.

OP, keep walking wherever you want!

I agree that she shouldn't have to change her route, but it's the best thing for her own convenience. I'd avoid getting this guy mad because if he's a nut it would cause more trouble and perhaps even danger for her. I'd just freeze him out and if that didn't stop him contact the police. If he's lurking around her street, she should film him and make a note of the date and time. That would be a huge red flag.

Respected Contributor

You are 40 and still don't know how to get rid of this guy?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I agree MsX, but it just ticks me off big time that she has to change her routine because some old f*art is bothering her.

Ugh.

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Issiestorm said:
On 1/30/2015 annabella said:

It is never going to stop! Men always look for a young woman. Any woman over 45 is pretty much a crone and to men that is not attractive.... they do not want anything shriveled and wrinkled. Men want youth to make them feel young. Men always want "IT" and want it from a young woman. Men even when old and shriveled always look to the young girls. It is a brain "man" thing.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

There are some men like that perhaps, but good grief you make it sound like anyone over 45 is a wrinkled up old bag! Actually the word 'crone' is considered pretty negative but it shouldn't be. In some cultures it's considered a term of respect. Besides, the OP isn't some young girl in her 20's, although that's the impression I got at first reading the beginning of this thread. Forty is not THAT young.

yes--- this guy must be very hard up. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

On 1/30/2015 DARING GREATLY said:
On 1/29/2015 Jannabelle said:
On 1/29/2015 DARING GREATLY said:

Today I wasn't walking "down his street," I was about 2 miles from his home. He was driving down the street I was on.

And frankly, I am not "encouraging" anyone by walking down his street and ignoring him. I have a right to walk anywhere I choose and not be accosted!

I've been walking in that neighborhood for over 25 years, long before he lived there!

Hi Daring,,I agree you should be able,to,walk where you like....do,you mind saying your age?......also, next time,nip,it in the bud, the first time he (or anyone else)does something inappropriate do let him know it is in acceptable,.in plain English, try not to be too concerned about being nice, but let him know that behavior is not acceptable,and you are not interested in anything other than a friendly wave/neighborly thing.

I'm 40.

Well there you go, next time a much older guys shows some interest, just say, "how sweet, you remind me of my sweet daddy".......seriously, probably have to spell,it out that you are not interested, just a thanks, but no........as any times as you need....I see no need of lying or changing your route.....just no thanks, and keep going, or a hi when you see him at the store and keep walking, like he is just a acquaintance.
Super Contributor

I would ignore the whole thing. He is harmless.

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

I don't know what the OP looks like but this apparently is what 70 somethings look like:

Happy 70th Birthday Tom Selleck 01/29/2015