Frequent Contributor

Re: Older Keurig on now, takes all K-cups

On 11/24/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 11/24/2014 KimmC said: I want to order this as a backup but 15 $ for s & h!!! No go for me due to that...

Stores other than QVC sell Keurigs. Amazon offers free shipping!

Yep amazon is where I check after I see something on qvc. I have prime,usually but not always cheaper.
Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 bonnielu said:

Mine is five years old. I hate to think that I will have to replace it with a new 2.0 something and be limited to what I buy as far as K-cups. I think they have made a mistake since there is not way with the new model to use your own coffee and there is no way to take advantage of sales on ""rogue"" cups.

I remember the selling point was YOU DID NOT HAVE TO MAKE A WHOLE POT OF COFFEE and now that is what the carafe is for.

From a financial point of view they are probably thinking along the lines of MONOPOLY but my best guess it will backfire. Anyone see the VUE lately anywhere?

I think the carafe is geared toward the folks who have the huge travel mugs. My BFF has a 24 ounce travel mug and she was looking forward to the 2.0. She didn't get it.

It must be for large travel mugs. The carafe only makes 30oz. That is nothing if you need coffee for several people.

Regular Contributor

Hi. No worries friends. Google ""work around for new keurig"". It will lead you to solutions.

Honored Contributor

I don't expect Keurig to pull all the old models in favor of the 2.0. That negates the concept of the K-cups as far as I'm concerned. I have 23 mini's, each five or more years old. I have no desire for a large machine ever.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 KYToby said:

I have three Keurigs -- the oldest is almost eight yte.ears old and still brewing coffee five days per week in a small office of five employees. I also have a Vue and a 2.0.

I like the 2.0, and despite the earlier post, you do not have to brew a whole pot. This just adds to the machine's flexibility and convenience.

In regards to off-brand KCups, the vast majority of cups on the market are compatible, ad most of the people complaining will never be impacted. Keurig continues to make and sell non-2.0 brewers, so the whole "blackmail" comment is silly and inaccura

WOW! That's awesome!

My K-40 is at home where I use it on weekends and holidays.

My K-65 Platinum is at work where I use it on workdays. I love the auto on feature: I can brew the second I walk in my office!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/24/2014 KimmC said:
On 11/24/2014 KimmC said: I want to order this as a backup but 15 $ for s & h!!! No go for me due to that...

Stores other than QVC sell Keurigs. Amazon offers free shipping!

Yep amazon is where I check after I see something on qvc. I have prime,usually but not always cheaper.

As much as I shop at Amazon, I don't have a Prime account yet!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I bought the TSV with probably the first Keurig on QVC. Loud and noisy. I believe it was 2008 around the holidays. It is still working except the size choices don't light up anymore. I hear something off or maybe I'm imagining it. I use my own grounds. I think this old model is still working because there are less parts to break down. No water filter and 3 cup sizes to choose from. I love it, but once it goes.....I'm stumped.