Trusted Contributor

Love letters are meant for 2 people and 2 people only.  I would not want anyone else reading the intimacy shared in letters I sent and letters I received.  All my love letters are long gone.

Super Contributor

Interesting thread -

I was married to my high school sweetheart for many years ; however we broke up and initially married others before getting together again many years later...I had many letters from him, but burned them when I married someone else.

I have a few notes and letters from DH that I have kept over the years but I do have one letter from a college friend (boy) that I received on the eve of my first marriage.  He basically told me he had always been in love with me (I never knew) and always would, although he knew I didn't feel that way about him.  For some reason, I have always treasure that letter, although I have not seen that boy (now man!) in many many years - he actually married a mutual friend of ours many years later....I remember being touched and surprised that he felt that way about me....

Honored Contributor

I have a few that my father wrote to my mother when they were dating, they must be close to 70 years old.

I can't read them and have no idea why I even kept them in the box with old photos.  

I think the next time we light the barbecue I am going to put them in before we cook.

Respected Contributor

How about a made for TV movie on the Hallmark Channel?

Titled   Love Letters

I just can't imagine a movie based upon my parents..that would be very cool.