Honored Contributor

I once had a boyfriend who apparently copied his "love letters" out of some book.    I got wise when he sent me the EXACT same letter several times..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yes, but I think it's time to burn them. They were meant to be private and to allow others, even one's child, to read them is a betrayal. I don't want anyone to know my husband as I do nor do I want anyone to know me as he does.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

What do you think I should do with them?

Scan them all & burn them onto a DVD as a "slideshow" w/music.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor
@sissy2
That is very sad to me....I want to leave this world with no regrets if it is even possible.
Esteemed Contributor

No.  I have kept the greeting cards my husbad has given me through the years.  I wouldn't keep love letter from men I didn't love or marry. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

When I was much younger, I did have some letters from a couple of boyfriends but only one that could be called a love letter.  I came across it once while cleaning out a closet & started reading it.  As I read, I could feel myself blushing & realized that it was much too personal to keep, so I tore it up into tiny pieces & threw it away.  The memories of that letter, & the man, will always live in my heart.  Some things between two people are just too personal for others to read or know.

Respected Contributor

I  have a few that were given to me 40 years ago. I have no intention of destroying them.

Honored Contributor

I had 2 letters.  One from my ex husband & another from a long term paramour.

I moved 2 1/2 yrs ago.  In going through stuff I kept in my home safe, I found & re-read the letters & promptly threw them in the trash.

The long term paramour will always have a place in my heart.  His letter is burned in my memory.  Will never forget.

Already forgotten what my ex wrote. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have some letters and momentos from my first marriage put away in my cedar chest. I don't even know if my current husband is aware they are there.I doubt he would think I shouldn't have them though. I have my wedding album also put away in the cedar chest.I don't think my current husband is jealous of my first husband -it would be pretty ridiculous to be jealous of someone who is dead.

Valued Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I have an entire box of love letters exchanged between my mom and dad when they were dating.  

I wish I would of put them in the crypt when my mom passed, I read and few and smiled and then realized how so much in love they were.

What do you think I should do with them?

I had a glass box made to measure to hold my parents WW2 love letters.

image.jpeg