Respected Contributor

Re: Old Threads Being Brought Up

I see now that the Moderator is deleting the troll's posts, stating "removed because of bumping up old thread".  Unfortunately, this is not at all helpful as posters here do not see that entry and are continuing to post on those threads, completely unaware.

Honored Contributor

Why not just delete the entire old thread, it can be done as the mods delete newer threads.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

It's pretty obvious since early this morning.

Reporting the sad little troll is fine but instead of commenting on all the old threads that they are.........old threads - my suggestion is for posters to post on the most recent threads from a few days ago.

That way the current topics will bury those old threads and the sad little troll will go away.

Yes, I know I'm posting on this thread but  we go through this everytime a sad little troll does this. 

Just bump up the newer threads and the old ones will sink.  We all can see what is going on.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I'm using a MacBook Pro with an older operating system.  I use Safari.  I haven't seen any old posts yet today.  Hmmm.  

Frequent Contributor

The person bringing the old threads to present day must have a sad life.  Annoying others to get attention does not sound like a happy person. (IMHO)

Mods notified and ignore old threads is our option.

Feel sorry for the Mods in this case.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

I would ask that they just lock the old threads instead of removing them entirely as there have been several in the Recipe Forums that are nice to be able to go back and retrieve a recipe or two.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I would ask that they just lock the old threads instead of removing them entirely as there have been several in the Recipe Forums that are nice to be able to go back and retrieve a recipe or two.

Boy have I done that several times.  Has been a joy to find recipes I had misplaced.  Did you know if you google your nic some of your posts come up? 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

When this happens, it can be a pain in the neck, but of course, some older threads are still relevant... That isn't likely why they're resurfacing, but in some instances they can start a whole, more current, discussion.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's almost as annoying as constantly seeing threads about it.  

Yes, some old threads are interesting.

When you log in after a long hiatus, doesn't it take you to where you left off?  If I'm not mistaken, it does.  So to those users (who may have changed their nic legitimately) they are looking at threads they don't necessarily realize are old at that particular moment that they post.  

Trusted Contributor

Interesting.....really had not noticed. It just makes me not stress about it but just wonder.... if the person (who just registered) doing that has too much idle time on their hands which could be better used to do something productive for their community/country?? You know like volunteering at a shelter, planting a garden, fixing the infrastructure, cleaning the base boards, etc etc. Just sayin LOL. Shame to havehands with so much idle time. Me wonders if the boards program has the capacity to stop such posts or even the moderstors with the time to deal with it? In meantime maybe I will look at the dates and not feed any trolling.......in doing so it satisfys a need in the one doing such eh?