Honored Contributor

I wonder how close our weather is this year in that book, to what they have written in there.  I don't have the book, but if someone does, can you let us know please?

We have rain in next week's weather forecast.  Good grief!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't have one ,but they have a website  you can check

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't have one ,but they have a website  you can check

@cherry  I'm going to have to check that out.  Here in NW Ohio it was -40 w/wind chill on Wed and today +40 and + 50 tomorrow........go figure!

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3  Ohio isn't alone with the crazy weather. It's all over the US. Fortunately, our lawns and farms will be well moisturized and lovely this year!

Also, I understand the bitter cold has already killed most of the bugs, tree diseases and other problems faces with mild winters. So, there are huge pluses to this wicked winter. Now, bring on an early spring!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Old Farmer's Almanac

[ Edited ]

The unusually frigid weather patterns caused by a polar vortex is seen by many climatologists as the direct result of Arctic warming. This warming will cause a break in the vortex, allowing normally cold Arctic air to move south. Under normal conditions the Arctic vortex acts like a barrier to keep the northern colder mass of air separate from the warmer, southern air. However, over recent rapid periods of Arctic warming occurring, the vortex is being disrupted and causing extreme weather patterns globally. These extreme patterns, some speculate, will become ever increasing as the planet becomes warmer at both ends of the polar regions....more drought, more heavy rains, more tropical storms and hurricanes...in a yo-yo pattern.

Honored Contributor

Go to their website. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Old Farmer's Almanac

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal

I bought the Old Farmer's Almanac last year and it was totally WRONG in what they predicted for our weather forecasts....I live in Texas......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

chweck with your local library they should have a copy