Super Contributor

Old, Alone and, strangely, Happy....

except when I am forced to deal with people who either don't understand the concept or are trying to sell you something you probably don't need.  An offer froma hearing aide company and an "intervension" service were both the same idiot responses.  How about a friend, (no),  how about a neightbor, (no), and on and on to  how about  the person who smiled at you yesterday (NO), how about the kid who used to sit behind you in the first grade (NO).  They are relentless.  When it become a crime to outlive relatives and friends?  Do they think I don't know what people are and need to have each one presented as a possible person?  Or, is the service they are selling of no value unless there is someone they can call rather than call 911?  I suspect the last.

Anyone else run into this problem?  How did you handle it?  (I become a raving lunatic around the 4th how about...)

Honored Contributor

Re: Old, Alone and, strangely, Happy....

@excpa

Guess I don't get your point. Phone calls? Family you do not want to hear from or see? Talking about yourself? Talking about those that call you?

I will be the only human family member in our home for close to a week(next Friday to be exact). I can be perfectly happy being alone with my furry kids, or out in public having conversations with strangers. Heck, I even cheer up some that call me, for whatever their purpose, especially if they are working on a Holiday, or it's Eve.

Home Alone and Happy/Happy/Happy

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Life is what you make it.  If there are people who love you and want to make you happy, please let them off of the hook because there are probably people who want and need love and would be more than happy to receive it.

Honored Contributor

It  sounds like perhaps,  people are trying to give you some unwanted help?

If you don't want it, just  politely decline.

Honored Contributor

I must admit that I'm confused by this post, but I hope the OP has a Merry Christmas!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@excpa

I become incoherent too when I am in my raving lunatic phases. It is not clear what you are trying to articulate, but it is apparent it bugs you. Try posting your thoughts another day when that phase passes. Meanwhile, happy holidays – if the current holidays are something you celebrate. If not, have a great day!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

It seems these companies use all sorts of "preconceived" scenarios to push their products.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure, but I think these people are trying to get the name of someone to notify, like a friend or next of kin. I apologize if I'm wrong.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think these people are trying to get the name of someone to notify, like a friend or next of kin. I apologize if I'm wrong.🌺

I thought this too - like when you buy one of those buttons you push when you fall or get sick - they ask for a neighbor or friend or relative to notify. 

Honored Contributor

Are you elderly and need to move, quit driving, or do other things to help yourself that you do not want to do?  

It sounds like maybe you are resisting some help that you realize you need, but don't want to go along with.  

Sometimes the biggest burden we can be to our loved ones is to not face up to some of the things we need to do to be safe.  If can worry your friends and relatives to death.  

If that is the case, thing long and hard abut where you are in life and what you need to do.  For yourself and the people who care about you.