Esteemed Contributor

I fully support capital punishment when warranted by the crime. I do not view it as a "deterrent" but as the ultimate punishment for the ultimate crime. That's why its called capital punishment, not capital deterrence.

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Oh. I am against executions as they show to be much more expensive in appeals and definitely not a deterrent but I certainly won't be sad for someone who did what this guy did to an 11 month old baby.

11month old baby!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Wining because he was stuck more than once to get the needle in? What would the baby he attacked and murdered say if she could?

Respected Contributor

A bullet is only .51 cents...

Esteemed Contributor

Death penalty isn't a deterrent because everyone knows you're going to be chillin' behind bars for ten, twenty years before they administer it.

IMHO, they should be dispatched quickly, by whatever method is handy and as fast as possible. If that means throwing them off a cliff - firing squad - whatever, just get it done. I guarantee people would stop and think if they knew there would be swift retribution. I would give them time to make their peace with G_d and then they would be outta here.

That mother is an idiot. After all the police work she pleads for his life - she is just like those women who stay with men who KNOW they are abusing/molesting their children, and they don't intervene to protect their own kids. She probably visited him in prison...

If I had a baby and someone did that to it, G_d forgive me but I would take care of them myself.

There's something wrong with her.

Yes, forgive him, we have to forgive, but that doesn't mean these vicious, evil perverts shouldn't answer for what they have done!

JMO

Honored Contributor

Many countries consider our DP to be barbaric.

I agree with them...

Respected Contributor
It is a deterrent for the person who did the crime because once they are put to death they won't be able to kill again.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/16/2015 hsawaknow said: It is a deterrent for the person who did the crime because once they are put to death they won't be able to kill again.

Good point. Many murderers who get paroled kill again.

Super Contributor
On 1/16/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

That mother is an idiot. After all the police work she pleads for his life - she is just like those women who stay with men who KNOW they are abusing/molesting their children, and they don't intervene to protect their own kids. She probably visited him in prison...

If I had a baby and someone did that to it, G_d forgive me but I would take care of them myself.

There's something wrong with her.

Yes, forgive him, we have to forgive, but that doesn't mean these vicious, evil perverts shouldn't answer for what they have done!

JMO

You're twisting what she said. She said that the death penalty went against her religious beliefs as a Christian - I'm not sure what sect of Chrisianity she subscribes to but she felt that the execution would dishonor her daughter. She was not available for any more interviews as the execution date grew near.

She also said that a person should have to never walk out from behind the bars and have to live each day wit what they've done. She also felt his children should be spared having their father executed.

There is nothing to indicate she was visiting him; in fact there are conflicting reports as to whether she was an ex-girlfriend or a roommate.

I think her forgiveness and letting go of any hatred she felt is not because she was in love with him; it's what she believes her faith calls for. I give her credit for her view.

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I posted that she said was that she asked them not to put him to death.

That is known. I didn't twist anything.

I said that she probably visited him in prison, which is obviously an opinion.

If you give her credit for her view, that's your choice - just as it is my choice to disagree.