Esteemed Contributor

Oklahoma Shootout Thanksgiving Day

[ Edited ]

A 30-year-old man was killed and an Oklahoma sheriff's deputy was wounded during a Thanksgiving morning shooting in the northwest of the state, authorities said.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said it's investigating the shooting in Buffalo between sheriff's deputies and a man who had attempted to enter a building with a shotgun and later opened fire on the deputies.

The man then shot at the deputies, hitting one of them, and they returned fire, killing him, according to the statement. Investigators declined to release the dead man's name until his family is notified.

The wounded deputy was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to a facility in Oklahoma City. Investigators said the deputy is in stable condition and the injuries are not life-threatening.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said it was asked to investigate the shooting by the local sheriff's office and said it could not release any further information.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Oklahoma Shootout Thanksgiving Day

And you are telling us this....why?

Honored Contributor

Last weekend, we had a NM State University football player shoot and kill a Univ of NM football player on the occasion of their annual rival game.  The shooting took place in the dorm area of the Univ of NM campus at night.  Both students had guns.

What did they do to the murderer?  Sent him home to the custody of his mother in Texas pending legal proceedings.  If she had any influence over him, he wouldn't be in this mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This board is for pretty much all subjects, it makes me wonder when someone criticizes a subject because it is too serious or too light hearted.  

Honored Contributor

Perhaps we should all open threads we find pointless, boring, or just not interesting and post disparaging responses. There are posts that get several replies that don't  interest me, so I just pass them by. I thought that was the polite thing to do. Am I mistaken?