Respected Contributor

Re: Oklahoma Ranks 4th in the U.S. in the Number of HORSES! 2nd in Quarter Horses!

@SoonerLater  wow i'm sure that was fun! lucky you!    yeah guess i grew up in the wrong state!  enjoy looking at the rodeo videos on Youtube. besides  barrels i like to see the reining competitions.  such precise training. i recall the LI horse show descriptions of this event. "Horse must not anticipate rider's commands"

i remember the penpal section in Western Horseman. wanted to post my request but my mother said no.   i lived and breathed horses, that was too much for her.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oklahoma Ranks 4th in the U.S. in the Number of HORSES! 2nd in Quarter Horses!

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn I remember hearing about your riding “adventure” with your sis! 😊

Most riding in my area of PA involves barrel racing and team penning so there are a lot of QH owners. It’s fun to watch the local riders compete, and especially nice to see so many young folks working with their horses.

My horses (2) are gaited. I love going out in the woods trail riding and enjoying the beauty of nature. 

Regular Contributor

@CatsyCline I lived, breathed and shoveled horses.  Woman Wink  Big old scoop shovel and a wheelbarrow.  And I was good at it too!!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli 

Unless I am reading your post wrong, you are back riding. I have found over my many years of life, nothing more gratifying that bring able to return to activities you love doing. 

Things such as injuries and illnesses come up in life which prevent many of us for months, even years, from us from being able to participate in those activities. Working our way back is at times, difficult, and sometimes even painful and injury laden.  

Hopefully you are back riding at a level that is comfortable and enjoyable to you. Some activities themselves are types the come with certain risks, and for me, riding horses falls into that category.

Stay well and keep up your riding.

hckynut 🏇

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Hi, @hckynutjohn!  Yes, there's nothing like spending time doing something you really love!  Makes life worth living.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@SoonerLater wrote:

Is this a great state or what?????   Woman Very Happy

No it's not.  Many starving horses, abandondened pets.......