Regular Contributor

Re: Okay…Sorry to beat a dead horse…but….

@RespectLife wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

You all have choices to shop or not to shop. 

The shipping issue around here just never gets resolved to the satisfaction of everyone so decide-deal with it and continue to shop or go elsewhere.

So a newbie will get a perk and that is standard on many other shopping sites-a discount for new customers is nothing new.

I agree @Cakers3 

I have shopped MANY new sites....sign up/place first order and get a discount or free ship etc.

Discount code pops up in an email....

Good for NEW/FIRST customers only....see it all the time and I will take advantage of it.

Q isn't the first to offer a promo ONLY to first/new customers.

Just like 'sign up for our credit card', NEW customers only.  NOT those that had a Q card and closed it.

ALL sites do it..I'm invited for something special by every vendor.

I don't begrudge this.

I have no problem with offering new customers a special deal. I have taken advantage of new customer discounts also, but how many of those sites offer you a discount on 15 orders over 3 1/2 months. 

Honored Contributor

Fair point @Josmad 

New customer incentives are usually on the first order.  

They are definitely being generous.

But not always the case.  I shop places where once I hit a certain amount spent, I get free shipping and a passport discount for life.

Other sites you only have to spend $25-39 to get free shipping on every order.

That's barely one item sometimes and it is a promo that continues.

Regular Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Fair point @Josmad 

New customer incentives are usually on the first order.  

They are definitely being generous.

But not always the case.  I shop places where once I hit a certain amount spent, I get free shipping and a passport discount for life.

Other sites you only have to spend $25-39 to get free shipping on every order.

That's barely one item sometimes and it is a promo that continues.

Many sites offer deals to returning customers especially during the holiday season. I get numerous offers from Kohls all year long. I think that is all people are asking QVC to do with their returning customers.  QVC if offering nothing as an incentive for a returning customer. 

Respected Contributor

This doesn't affect me and I really don't care. It won't change whether or not I buy something that I want here.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor
paixmcdao

‎10-19-2022 07:17 PM

FREESHIP promo code may be used toward your first purchase from QVC and applied using standard checkout at QVC.com. First purchase must be placed by 12/31/22 in order to receive a code via email for Free Shipping on future purchases (up to a maximum of 15) through 1/31/23. A valid email address is required in order to receive the code. This promo code may be used for merchandise only, excluding gift card purchases. This promo code may not be redeemed for cash and may not be used as payment on your QCard® account. This promo code is not valid at any QVC retail location and cannot be applied using Speed Buy® functionality. The promo code is not transferable. Limit of one promo code per transaction. Cannot be reused for cancelled or returned orders. This promo code is only available for a limited time and ends on 12/31/22 at 11:59pm ET. Applies to standard shipping only. Free standard shipping offer excludes items with shipping included. Free standard shipping only applies to the first shipment of most Auto-Delivery orders. Applies to orders shipped within the Continental U.S. only. QVC reserves the right to change or discontinue this program at any time, without prior notification. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the terms and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions of the terms. Other restrictions may apply. ..........

It's much easier to complain and come up with different scenarios to question than it is to actually do your own research and READ!  Thank you for posting this!

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur - you might want to add this information to a couple of the other complaints regarding this subject. I have a feeling no one read the information.

Super Contributor

I will say this type of promotion bothers me - not that I care about QVC because I don't buy anything from them any longer.  However, I see this on my Dish network bill, or my Verison phone.  I stopped my Onstar subscription because they wouldn't give me the same offer that they give new subscribers.  And they didn't even support my 2013 Buick onstar because it has 3G technology.  Same with Dish, I am still with them, but If I was a new customer I could be paying $85 a month, instead of $123.  I guess it's a common practice, but it doesn't instill warm fussy's towards a company.  

Frequent Contributor

Free shipping for newbies DOES affect me. I see it as trying to get new customers, while caring little for your long term customers. They assume we won’t leave because we are “hooked.” I cannot speak for others, but I do not have an addictive personality. I can turn off QVC permanently and never bat an eye.

I have returned items that were double shipped to me, and have one right now to return. One was a vacuum costing close to $300. When it happens, I notify them and get the information so the item will be returned as an extra ship. I still pay for the item I received. I could send these back and get a free item less the shipping fees, but I have integrity. While it isn’t a lot of trouble, I have to call them, set it up as a return, and drive to the store to mail it. Customer don’t have to continue being loyal, they can choose to go elsewhere. Maybe give us cheaper return fees? All I know is that when I first got my card, they didn’t give out anything free. I just feel they keep upping the free credit they give newbies and now free shipping. Hmmm, outside if extra east pays, what do they do for the bulk of their loyal card holders? How about giving annual credit based on the dollar amount you spent that year?
Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 "Same with Dish, I am still with them, but If I was a new customer I could be paying $85 a month, instead of $123.  I guess it's a common practice, but it doesn't instill warm fussy's towards a company."

I also started with a low payment with my cable company but over the years it has increased.  That is what these companies do.  They give you a good deal at first and eventually they increase their prices.  The people who pay $85 will pay $123 just give it some time.  

New Contributor

I don't think it is fair to give free shipping to new customers. What about us LONGTERM CUSTOMERS????