Regular Contributor

Re: Ok, so now, your first concert?

My first concert was The Carpenters. Went with my mom. 

Trusted Contributor

@sonson  I'm so jealous, I love her beautiful voice, she had the voice of an angel.

Respected Contributor

Steppenwolf in 1969, and I was nearly deaf for an hour afterward.

Respected Contributor

Doobie Brothers Carnegie Hall November '73. They were singing with headset/microphones.  Front Row seats but right by a huge Speaker. My right ear was affected. Feels like part of my eardrum blew out.

Respected Contributor

My friend Patsy's dad drove us to see the Beatles--it was near Boston; I think it was at Suffolk Downs.  We were maybe 15 or 16? 

Very exciting, but the sound system wasn't working very well!  The opening act was "The Cyrkle" who had had a minor hit, "Red Rubber Ball"  (lyrics by Paul Simon and someone in The Seekers) recently.  Made me feel very grown up!  Patsy and I are still friends, btw--she liked Paul and I liked Ringo.

Respected Contributor

My first concert was Herman's Hermits when we lived in Ohio. Don't remember my age at the time, but it was in the 1960's.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rockycoast 

As I mentioned upthread (I think), HH are frequently at our favorite Annapolis venue...sure enough, they are coming in November --- doing 2 shows.

I haven't bought tickets yet, but may go.  We saw them there a few years back and it was a fun concert.

Honored Contributor

@Deb665 --omg---totally forgot how many Jethro Tull concerts I've been too--prob at least 4 or 5 during my highschool days--and now my son is a huge fan. tried to get him tix to a local winerie that had summer concerts years ago, and could not get anything but the few hundred $$ ones for JT---momma not made of money, i told him--Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Three dog night.  It was the first concert, at Wings stadium, in kalamazoo,Mi,.mid 70's