Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, so now, your first concert?

Midnight Oil. I went with a friend.  My parents took us.  I was really young. Funny thing was I never heard of them.  My freind loved their music.  It was fun.  I felt very grown up.  Afterwards my freind got the lead singer's autograph. I was a little scared of the singer. (we ended up meeting him & one other memeber..little confusing, but we did)  He was extremely tall & completely bald.  To me he was 7 feet tall.  Much later I saw Rhianna. I really loved that one. 

Honored Contributor

Either Tony Orlando and Dawn, or Elvis. Both were in the '60's as best as I can remember.

john(hckynut)

hckynut(john)
Contributor

My first concert was in 1976 and it was seeing the Bay City Rollers at the Orpheum Theater in Boston. I was a huge fan. I had the best time!

Esteemed Contributor

The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl.

Valued Contributor

The Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1965.  My dad got tickets for my best friend and me.  What a great night, even though we had sore throats the next day from screaming through the whole concert.  I think Cilla Black was the opening act, but I'm not sure.  She was a wonderful singer.  Her song "You're My World" is beautiful.

@gidgetgh  - I also loved Bobby Sherman.  He became a CHIPs officer in California.  

Honored Contributor

My first was Herman Hermits at the Dallas Municipal Auditorium. My friend won the tickets from a radio station that was doing a contest. The opening act for the Hermits was Sonny & Cher, who not many had heard of back the. I wanted to see the Beatles but the tickets were way too expensive.

Honored Contributor

Bob dylan  1963

Contributor

OH!  Grand Funk Railroad was my first concert, too!  Black Oak Arkansas was their opening act.  Was in 1971 at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.  The Language Club in my high school sponsored the concert and we went to it in a school bus.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leon Russell -RIP-was probably who I have seen the most times in concerts.  And Stranger in a Strange Land is my favorite song by Leon.   I miss him so much- and miss Gregg Allman so much, too. 

Valued Contributor

The Beatles - August 14th, 1964 - The old Cleveland Municipal stadium.  We ran out to the field, (they were stationed on second base) through the mud, and stood in front of John Lennon.  Something I'll never forget.