Respected Contributor

Re: Ok, so now, your first concert?

Joan Baez at Pauley Pavillion on the campus of UCLA in about 1965.

Respected Contributor

J Geils Band at the Asbury Park, NJ Convention Center circa 1972

In the girls bathroom in high school a couple of "older" girls were talking about concerts and how great the J Geils Band was, so my friend and I decided we'd go and see them when they came around and boy did we have a fun time.

We were in about the 6th row, just off center, standing on our chairs and clapping and dancing the entire time.  My parents had driven us, and they drove us home.  When they asked how we enjoyed the concert, we played it cool and told them we really liked it, little did they know HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I saw three concerts in a row so it was either Jethro Tull, 

Blood Sweat and Tears  or Chicago.......all great not quite sure which was "first"

Super Contributor

My first concert was June 1976. It was at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan. First up was The The Romantics followed by the J. Giels Band, then the Steve Miller Band and the headliner was Peter Frampton. 

Respected Contributor

James Brown -- 1968

Honored Contributor

My first concert was Sammy Hager's I Can't Drive 55 tour.  I was 19 and loved the Red Rocker!!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Lettermen

Honored Contributor

I was a sophomore in highschool and I went to see Jimmy Hendrix.  I slightly knew who he was but was more excited about "doing something".

I loved Purple Haze!

Trusted Contributor

Jimi Hendrix in 1969.  I was 16 and had led a fairly sheltered existence and remember being amazed by the experience.  Went to quite a few concerts after that.  Thankfully, I still have my hearing!

Super Contributor

Electric Light Orchestra