Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, so now, your first concert?

I have never been to a concert.  It just never interested me as a young person and as an adult I do not like LOUD PLACES.  Concerts, movie theaters...anything with a crowd I do not enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@shoesnbags No in 1971 there were known as Chicago...they played six sold out shows at Carnegie Hall, New York ,....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEt2Q6JVXb0

Thanks, @tobes .  I just looked it up and they shortened the name in 1969.  I was a fan from the start, but I didn't realize that they changed the name after just a year or so. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It doesn’t really count, because it was a movie recording of a live concert, but The Concert for Bangladesh. 

My first live concert was Eric Clapton. 

Valued Contributor

First concert.  Richie Havens  Fillmore East NYC 1968?

DH   Vanilla Fudge 1967?

Have been to many concerts since.

DIscovered Billy Joel playing back up to J.Geills Band in Kingston, New York 1972?

Regular Contributor

My first concert was Peter Frampton in the mid-1970's.  I believe it was in Niagra Falls, NY.  My sweet sister surprised me with tickets for my 15th birthday.  

Honored Contributor

Easy.  November 20, 1973.  The Cow Palace in Daly City, California.

It was raining.  I was 14 and my brother drove us to the concert in his British Racing Green 1969 MGC GT.

It was my first concert and it was my favorite band: The Who.

And it was a memorable concert because Keith Moon passed out behind his drum kit not only once, but twice.

Nineteen year-old Scot Halpin, who had scalped a ticket for the show, responded to Pete Townshend's call for a drummer and played with the band that night.

I knew Scot died at age 54 with a brain tumor, but what I didn't know was that his wife contacted Pete Townshend to let him know.  Townshend responded with a lovely letter that was read at Scot's memorial service.

Most of the concerts I've attended over the years have been a blur, but this is one I'll always remember.  I even remember what I was wearing and what songs I heard on the car radio on the way there.

Pete Townshend thought it was a disastrous opening for their North American Tour (and, yes, the tour had some problems) but for a 14 year-old kid in the San Francisco Bay Area, it was magical. 

And it was a 19 year-old kid from Iowa who made concert history that night. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

My first concert was to see, Peter, Paul, and Mary at Kleinhans Music Hall, Buffalo,NY 1966.

Honored Contributor

The Commodores (featuring Lionel Richie), at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

It was a three-header: New Order, The Sugar Cubes with Bjork and Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols