Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, so now, your first concert?

I can never forget it.  In the 1950s I was crushing on Paul Anka, and it so happened that he was performing at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City during our annual family vacation at the New Jersey resort.

It was probably 1958 or thereabouts.  Scream?  So hard I nearly fainted.

Paul Anka Live at Broadwalk Steel Pier ****** Van ****** USA Postcard /  HipPostcard

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@bmorechick 

Glad to know there is someone alive who also went to the Cap Center for concerts Cat LOL

I saw Journey there...my (now) exhusband refused to go, so I went alone and sold HIS ticket.

I was spellbound.  Saw them 4 more times in the following years.

The real mystery is how in the world I ever found my car after the concertCat LOL

Yea,  I remember a few times  walking the  lot looking for my car at Merriweather Post , WolfTrap  and the Capital center . I needed a compass

I saw Sinatra at the Cap Ctr in 1978, and went to Merriweather many times over the years. 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I can never forget it.  In the 1950s I was crushing on Paul Anka, and it so happened that he was performing at the Steel Pier in Atlantic City during our annual family vacation at the New Jersey resort.

It was probably 1958 or thereabouts.  Scream?  So hard I nearly fainted.

Paul Anka Live at Broadwalk Steel Pier ****** Van ****** USA Postcard /  HipPostcard

Great memories of the Steel Pier. 

Esteemed Contributor

My aunt took me when I was a young kid to see Elton John.

I don't remember much of the concert but I love me some Elton John music. 

Super Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

David Cassidy.  Saw him in concert on August 14, 1971 at the Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey.

@newjersey   David Cassidy was my first concert too! Saw him Sept. 25th, 1971 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Unbeknown to me, at the time, my dad bought a ticket for himself about 20 rows behind me and my friends. He was nervous for me  attending my first concert. Heart

Occasional Contributor

Mine was Elvis in Las Vegas.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh ...Chicago in 71 or 72 at the civic center in New Haven, CT.  Loved Chicago....and I remember scrapbooking talent as well.    But in 1965 I was at the Newport Folk fastival in Rhode Island to see Bob Dylan when he played acoustic guitarin the first set and then changed to electric guitar, prompting boos from the audience.  A whole change of music for Dylan within 6 minutes and 12 seconds and ushered in Rock n Roll.  I have seen Dylan in concert many times since....latest near Woodstock 10 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Jackie Wilson and James Brown in NYC.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

First concert in arena was Aerosmith in 1974 when I turned 16.

My second was taking my little brother to Kiss. I remember the deafness afterwards on both.

saw Wille a few times before then at Floores(sp?), not a large place at all then. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kaygee1,

Did you get the Gold Ticket of Concerts or what?  Your first concert!  Elvis in Las Vegas, no less.  What incredible luck!   I am dripping with envy...

My late and beloved brother caught Elvis at the International Hotel in Las Vegas when Elvis made his comeback to giving live concerts.  I forever envied my brother that bit of good fortune, but I was so thrilled that he got to see his favorite entertainer in action.

Wow, Kaygee!  Whew!