Respected Contributor

Re: Ok on the subject of dates - how did you meet your SO/husband

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I met my DH at a Sunday School party.  We were both students and attended the same university church.  Our pastor suggested to him he might want to meet meSmiley Happy. We got married less than a year later.  He passed away this year. We were married 42 years.

Lovely story. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Respected Contributor

I hired on as lead singer of a band, and 48 years later the bass guitar player and I are still married. (:

Honored Contributor

We met at work 42 years ago. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Husband #1...an excuse to get away from my family with man I met who sold me jeans.

Husband #2...oops, what was I thinking, a college crush.

Husband #3...found love then betrayed by a man I met on a blind date.

_______

Well your name makes sense.  As for me, we met through someone at church.  He must have been even more shy than I was because he sent me a letter asking if we could go out.

Contributor

Husband #1 - after 7 years and 3 children, he prefered his best friend's wife (now they are divorced, kharma)

Husband #2 - he was the best man at my sister's wedding, still married after 29 years.  I am truly blessed.

Honored Contributor

It was 1971 and I was out at a club with a date and this very handsome dark haired man came right up to me and started a conversation. I met him for a drink the next time he was in town and the rest is history.

Trusted Contributor

A friend of mine introduced me to her boyfriend's friend at a bar one night. They broke up a couple of months later and we've been together ever since. That was almost 33 years ago. 

Trusted Contributor

DH and I met at work 39 years ago. I was working full time and he was still a college student and interviewed for a part time position in the lab. There were many qualified applicants and my boss asked me what I thought and I responded "Hire the blonde". And he did!

Trusted Contributor

In JAIL,  co/ nurse. 20+ years ago.

Honored Contributor

Just walking down my street.............Ex BF's friend slowly driving by..............asked me if I'd like to go to a game some day............and so on, and so on.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).