Respected Contributor

Ok, ladies I gotta share this with you. I feel so dumb!😂🙃

So I usually always decorate the day afterThanksgiving. So this morning i gave my sig other the list of everything to bring down from the attic. Told him to start with the tree and the containers with the tree "stuff."

So here he comes and says, "I'd bring the tree down, but it's not up there!" We both looked at each other and started laughing. We talked last year about replacing our tree, but totally forgot that we boxed it up last year and donated it to a local charity. Please tell me are laughing with me!!😂🤗🎄

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok, ladies I gotta share this with you. I feel so dumb!😂🙃

Thanks for laugh!  I bet that was hysterical-sounds like something my hubby and I would do. Guess a new tree is part of your weekend plans?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No worries, you are in good company. Once the pack up is done in Jan you probably don't think about your decor again for 11 months. I spent a full week looking for a particular serving dish before I tumbled to the fact I had donated it. Found a bunch of other stuff! Have fun tree shopping.

Honored Contributor

We went to Home Depot to buy baqtteries - they had a huge sale on them but they were sold outof the sale ones - anyway DH had other things to look for there so I told him to meet me in the Christmas section. OMG hundreds - literally - of people were buying trees. Real and artifical. And decorations. It was jammed there. I said Oh forget this and went to sit in the patio furniture section to wait for hubby.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Sounds like something I would do.  Lol

Honored Contributor

That is funny,  it's good to know that things like that happen to other people too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is just too cute. Oh, how many times have I done things like that? The best part is that we can laugh at ourselves.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That is funny,  it's good to know that things like that happen to other people too. 

Yes, it was funny! We will be going tree shopping, but it won't be today. Lol. I remember when I was younger and my mom would do those things. Now, I totally understand how she felt. She would always give it up to a good chuckle too! 

Honored Contributor

Oh I totally get this.

I have an old Ethan Allen dry sink in my family room. It stores all the board games and puzzles from my childhood and my son's. Every game we have is in there, including the Monopoly game from my childhood....so I thought. 

Went to get it out when my kid was old enough to play and not there. I emptied every closet and box in this house looking for that game. It simply isn't here. I wonder how long ago I got rid of it and where.

I just knew exactly where it was, for when I wanted to use it but.....I guess the senior moments started in my 30's or before!LOL