Respected Contributor

Re: Ok guess I am really old......”influencer?”

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They are trying very hard to attract younger customers. 

Yes, very very very hard on the “Q”

Respected Contributor

Influencer??  Is that an actual job description?  Can you really get a degree in influencing? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Influencer??  Is that an actual job description?  Can you really get a degree in influencing? 

Not, yet. I don't think. 😃

Most of these influencers, bloggers and self-professed stylists are jokes.
There are some real ones (celebrity ones), but good ones are few and far between.

Love them, hate them or indifferent to them; the Kardashians are (or were) extremely influential influencers. 

Even when I was young, I followed my own path. But even if I didn't, I'd sure hope that at a certain age I'd know my own identity and trust myself. 

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@KentuckyWoman  I wouldn’t be surprised if they are not offering a college course on it as we speak with a minor in Instagram!

Esteemed Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

So I was watching Leah this morning and she introduced Jamie Hess, Joan Lunden’s daughter. She is an influencer and I assume had a blog of some kind. She is the person representing Zuda line.  I did change the channel not really interested.

"Influencer":  Someone who leads suggestible followers -- like sheep.

Yes!  The first thing to come to mind was how a Border Collie's posturing can 'influence' a group of sheep to all turn in the same direction in unison.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

'''

no, but you can get a degree in advertising or marketing or business management......being an influencer is pretty much being an advertiser or a marketer. influencers basically rely on social media to get it all possible information out there to the public.

not sure why anyone has such disdain for them?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Why shouldn't Qvc try attracting younger people? Nothing wrong with this form of advertising nor promoting a new line towards younger demographic. 

Esteemed Contributor

Social media is a wild, wild, west! Anyone can be an "influencer" or call themselves an influencer. What separates the good ones from the rest is how ethical and honest they are when they are advertising or showing a product to you whether they are using youtube, instagram, a blog, twitter, or any other form of communication.

Those influencers who don't disclose sponsorships or collaborations or who don't disclose when a post, video, or tweet is an "ad" are unethical to me. There are plenty of honest and ethical people who are influencers though. You pretty much can sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak if you watch enough youtube videos or scroll through instagram or twitter posts.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Never in a million years would I wear clothing that fits as skin tight as the Zuda brand........

Never heard of the brand.   Must not be a very good influencer.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Never in a million years would I wear clothing that fits as skin tight as the Zuda brand........

Well, er, it’s exercise wear, isn’t it? Think Zella (Nordstrom) or Lululemon or Athleta. The leggings are supposed to be very slim, and the tops are usually either quite form fitting or somewhat oversized (to wear with the slim bottoms).