Trusted Contributor

Re: Ok, I'll start a thread and I don't care who likes it!😁

@pupwhipped   Yes ! I think that is so neat your mom took you home for lunch. I loved peanut butter on rits crackers. But if i had campbells tomatoe soup at home, it was no pb and J . Instead it was saltines in the soup( not rits). I have enjoyed this thread and glad you jumped in. Yeah, i liked the sloppy joes at school too. Have not eaten one in probably 40 years though. I would like the chicken and dressing as well. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom I love okra! My favorite is a mixture of corn, tomatoes, and okra.  Love it in vegetable soup, in beans/peas such as black-eyed peas, and lima, pinto, and great northern eans.  I buy fried okra several times a month.  There is an Indian dish that I love that is okra and spices but can't think of the name.  I was reading a hefty volume on Creole and Cajun cooking that reminds us that okra is revered in those cuisines as well as in cooking in Africa, the South and the Caribbean.

BTW everyone, The Supreme Court ruled in Nix v. Hedden, affirmed the Tariff Act of 1883 classification of tomatoes as vegetables. This information was in one of the food sites I read this week.

I'm not much of a pbj sandwich eater although I will occasionally buy guava jelly for toast.  I ate pb on saltine crackers as a child and still do so as an adult.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of peanuts,

weren't we?😄,

a relative of the okra has got to be boiled peanuts! gack and ack as @chickenbutt would say lol!

A vendor in a farmer's market had them, bags of them and I thought oh they must be good. No. Another one will never eat again.

Does anyone like them?

I guess they must, He had bags of them.😬

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

I love the fried okra from Church's Chicken, especially when freshly fried.  I won't eat the chicken (vegetarian) or the french fries or mashed potatoes but sometimes just go there for a large order of fried okra!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I HATE okra too.....its popular around here, but I'll pass....I even like the much hated side dish of Brussel Sprouts over okra any day!!! Interesting okra is classified as a fruit! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

I don't like okrah and I cannot stand lima beans. My favorite vegtable is brussels sprouts, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower and green beans. I also put peanut butter on ritz brackers and it is so good.

Respected Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@pupwhipped   Yes ! I think that is so neat your mom took you home for lunch. I loved peanut butter on rits crackers. But if i had campbells tomatoe soup at home, it was no pb and J . Instead it was saltines in the soup( not rits). I have enjoyed this thread and glad you jumped in. Yeah, i liked the sloppy joes at school too. Have not eaten one in probably 40 years though. I would like the chicken and dressing as well. 

@webbgarner1, I just have to add a funny memory of those sloppy joes. No doubt they were made out of the cheapest and highest fat content ground beef available...that's why they tasted so darn good. Ha! I can distinctly remember as a very little kid eating them in the school cafeteria and this weird stuff would constantly run down my hands and arms. I always wondered what it was. Uhh...grease.....it was pure grease! 😲🤣 

Best to you!  

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay ................me,  I like boiled peanuts & okra.

DRUNKS, CHILDREN and LEGGINGS...ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH. (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie,

Well, you are offcially strange!😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay Smiley LOL

DRUNKS, CHILDREN and LEGGINGS...ALWAYS TELLS THE TRUTH. (unknown)