Honored Contributor

What happened to JIffy Lube?   $43.99 for basic but when you add taxes and other fees it was $49.  No thanks.  There was a place next door charging $23 for oil change but too busy.  So I drove to a place that was in my old neighborhood in Naperville.  Drain oil, give new oil, check fluids and fill windshield fluid, check tires, check brakes, check lights and filters.  Total $37.  I can usually get an oil change for $30 when a special is on but nothing was on.  I remember when Jiffy Lube was always crowded.  That is not the case anymore and  they offer other services, like replacing brakes.  What is your average price for an oil change?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

My car is only a little over 2 years old - so first two years when I went to dealership, Toyota paid for the oil change; now that it's past the two year mark the actual dealership will pay for oil change (they offer oil-change free for life of car).

Honored Contributor

My last oil change with fees and taxes cost about $56.

I also had done at the same trip, a tune up and one tire replaced that they detected a nail in the side wall. Could not be repaired....total bill for all  was $1600.  

I am thankful they caught the nail so I did not end up with a flat.  They had a coupon I got in the mail I used that took off $50 on my bill.  That was nice🙂

Respected Contributor

I go to the dealership. The oil change is usually $49. They do have discounts frequently.

Personally, it's worth paying a little more to make sure it's done correctly. 

Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

My car is only a little over 2 years old - so first two years when I went to dealership, Toyota paid for the oil change; now that it's past the two year mark the actual dealership will pay for oil change (they offer oil-change free for life of car).

I have the same with my Toyota.  I also don't have to pay for state inspections.  I have to pay for emission inspections, but not the state.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My car uses synthetic oil, so it's more like $75, but doesn't need to be done as often 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

My car uses synthetic oil, so it's more like $75, but doesn't need to be done as often 

synthetic oil is definitely the way to go. having a reliable service center and/or mechanic that you trust is also the way to go. i dont go to jiffy lube for oil changes. once was enough and i was lucky that it didnt cost me more to fix my car after they touched it. the cost and peace of mind is worth it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I usually use the dealer where I work, too but currently using the no name local oil change guy.

$47 and that includes the upcharge for Valvoline. 

Respected Contributor

I refuse to go to Jiffy Lube after they messed with my car and didn't hook up the hoses correctly.  Then they said it was my fault because I wouldn't buy their air filter.  Then an employee was five minutes late coming back from lunch so he was berated in front of the customers and was told that if it happened again he didn't need to come back.  

I now go to a family run business.  They're quick, it clean inside, and they don't push products.  They show me the filter and will actually tell me that it's ok.  They give $5 off to ladies on Tuesdays and always a free car wash.  I paid about $37 for synthetic oil.

Valued Contributor

Many of the cars use synthetic oil. 

My car is a 2011 and it uses synthetic.

I try to get coupons and go onto either the dealership or places that do opil changes and see if they have coupons on their site.