Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Eventually everyone is going to be wearing masks outside the home. Might as well get used to it. Find ones that fit you well and are as comfortable as possible. We can't go back to 2019. If we take forever to adapt, it will just take longer to get back on track.

Make a few small sacrifices in order to do what you need to do. Wearing a mask is a lot less of a sacrifice than the sacrifice some odd folks have been suggesting on tv - aka sacrificing our lives! No one is going to convince me or anyone else to go along with sacrificing our lives just so everyone can go maskless or avoid being inconvenienced, so might as well resign ourselves to that now.

The sales of lipstick will plummet...no point with the masks.

Honored Contributor
@CrazyDaisey. Sorry, your guess is wrong.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Did he back off on all masks or just for shopping?  I didn't hear his press conference but I read a newspapers interpretation on-line that said he backed off mandating masks while shopping.  

How nice that people expect store employees to put themselves at risk so others can shop and some are too selfish to wear a mask.    

Not to mention Ohio had a spike in cases.  444 new cases in the last day.

They are saying that the increase is from additional testing being done in prisons.

Prisoners and staff shouldn't be counted?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@CrazyDaisey. Sorry, your guess is wrong.

Then your post is makes no sense, the businesses you mentioned are not considered seasonal. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

Saying you will refuse to wear a mask is the height of selfishness.   It is not comfortable for anyone, but is the best way to protect others (and maybe even slightly, yourself).  Seems following an "order", even when it is for everyone's benefit, just interferes with freedom too much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Did he back off on all masks or just for shopping?  I didn't hear his press conference but I read a newspapers interpretation on-line that said he backed off mandating masks while shopping.  

How nice that people expect store employees to put themselves at risk so others can shop and some are too selfish to wear a mask.    

They are saying that the increase is from additional testing being done in prisons.

No that is not what I said.  Starting last week they started testing all prisoners and staff because there were so many cases.  It would be expected to have an up tick in cases eventhough many are not even showing symptoms. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Governor Mike DeWine has announced the process to begin to slowly open Ohio. 

On May 1st, vets and doctors offices, including dentists, are allowed to open.  Hospital procedures that don't require an overnight stay are now allowed again.

On May 4th, manufacturing, distribution and construction will restart as will general offices be allowed to re-open.  However, he is asking that people continue to work at home if feasible.  

On May 12th, consumer retail and services will be open.  I'm not exactly sure what services means.

As of right now, no gyms, salons, spas, bars, restaurants, etc and he doesn't know when that will be.  He will look at the numbers and see where we are.

The stay at home order is still in place, social distancing is still in place and there was talk about masks being required for employees and clients but then he said masks won't be mandated so I was a little confused.  He also said the capacity of any place that is opened should be 50% of what the fire code allows and still no social gatherings of more than 10 people.    

If that is a slow re-opening then I don't know what you would consider us poor folks in Michigan. LOL Apparently our governor did us a favor by allowing golf to start back up last week. We will be lucky if any of the services Ohio gets on May 1 by June 1.  My poor son has broken glass which we have been repairing with tape.  He had an eye appointment for May 4 which had to be rescheduled to May 18.  At this point I bet it will be rescheduled again. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

No that is not what I said.  Starting last week they started testing all prisoners and staff because there were so many cases.  It would be expected to have an up tick in cases eventhough many are not even showing symptoms. 

Then I apologize, @CrazyDaisy

Honored Contributor
"Businesses are seasonal in many SENSES."
(Upper case for emphasis).

@CrazyDaisy. Too bad this doesn't make sense to you. The rest of my post explained what I meant. I well understand how seasonal is usually used. If you don't understand how I used it for other businesses too in my example of how even year- round businesses have been hurt during their peak business times, oh well...not my problem. Bye!👋
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

The sales of lipstick will plummet...no point with the masks.

True. And I just had a thought. No one can see anybody's jowls or double chins or lip lines under a mask. WE WILL ALL LOOK YOUNGER!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr