QVC Customer Care

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

The tests are a joke, causing highly inaccurate reporting. What a waste of time and money. Can't believe people haven't figured that out yet.  

@RetRN, there are some problems for sure. I posted elsewhere that my state of California is experiencing a glitch in their testing process, which is really hampering them from getting the important accuracy.

But still, in general the testing in the country is showing results, even if a small percentage are inaccurate. That's not so unusual. And it beats not testing at all.

But we are still woefully lacking in enough testing and in how long it takes to get results.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Governor DeWine took another COVID test and got a negative response.. I believe he is ok because the 2nd test was at a lab not on the fly like the 1st one. 

I am grateful because he is a good Governor and is 73 years and has asthma.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Tonight on the news they said they are going to test everyone in airports. If the quick test is  not always accurate then how is that going to prove safety ?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Last I heard it was a False/Positive!  And then that he had the other method of testing done. Left me unsure of his most recent result.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Not sure if anyone ever posted this information, but I am an Ohio resident, and this is what the local news media is reporting.  He took the first test because the President was coming to Ohio for a visit  of a manufacturing plant, which turned out to be a campaign speech.  The governor was supposed to greet the president and was required to take a test.  Apparently there are two types of tests; one is known for giving false positives or false negatives.  The White House chose the first test because it also gives a very rapid response.  His wife never tested positive.  After getting the positive results, the governor went to the Ohio State University Medical Center and was given the other type test twice.  Both of those results were negative.  The doctors were careful to use two different testing machines (not sure what they use)  The First Lady was also tested again as well as any his staff who had been around him recently.  Again, everyone tested negative.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Part of a standard protocol, Lt. Gov. Jon Husted, who also was in Cleveland to greet the President, tested negative, according to the governor’s office. The President was in Ohio to visit the Whirlpool manufacturing plant in Sandusky County and had a fundraiser planned later in Bratenahl.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

The tests are a joke, causing highly inaccurate reporting. What a waste of time and money. Can't believe people haven't figured that out yet.  

@RetRN 

Are you suggesting it is politically motivated?
Or you making a general comment on testing?

Just how vwell  informed are you of all the current Covid-19 tests?

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN, there are some problems for sure. I posted elsewhere that my state of California is experiencing a glitch in their testing process, which is really hampering them from getting the important accuracy.

But still, in general the testing in the country is showing results, even if a small percentage are inaccurate. That's not so unusual. And it beats not testing at all.

But we are still woefully lacking in enough testing and in how long it takes to get results.

@suzyQ3 I fear for the unmasked contestants in the Big Brother house.  That can't possibly go well.  The very idea that each person including workmen on the set have been tested multiple times and therefore cleared is doubtful.  I hope I'm wrong but I think people will start to get sick and I'm sure they had to sign away all liability.  

Esteemed Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@suzyQ3 I fear for the unmasked contestants in the Big Brother house.  That can't possibly go well.  The very idea that each person including workmen on the set have been tested multiple times and therefore cleared is doubtful.  I hope I'm wrong but I think people will start to get sick and I'm sure they had to sign away all liability.  

@germanshepherdlove,  my understanding is that all the house guests were quarantined in separate locations for at least two weeks before they entered the house.  As to the crew who knows.

From previous years I've read that the house guests do sign hold harmless clauses so there is no reason they would not be required to do so this season.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.