Trusted Contributor

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

We just sent the Perseverance to Mars yet we can't develop a quick and accurate covid test.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

We just sent the Perseverance to Mars yet we can't develop a quick and accurate covid test.

Yassssss!!!!!  What is going on?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The Gov and his wife were given a different test the second time. Yeah clearly the tests aren't trustworthy.
Honored Contributor

@Deree We've been working on the space program for over 60 years developing things.

By the way, we haven't cured the common cold either.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  My comment was merely to make a point that our scientists can do many miraculous things so why not a test. Smiley Happy   "They" have also been trying to find a cure for the common cold for decades but again...a cure for the common cold or other diseases (cancer) seems to me to be much more difficult than creating a test.  I could be wrong however as I'm not a scientist.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Just heard on late, late news that he tested negative!  WTH?

Yep.

So how can we believe the numbers? These tests, the processing of them, the reporting, or something is amiss. Or maybe even all of it is.

If the tests aren't any more accurate than this, how can we really know/believe the numbers generated by them? I don't have much faith in the entire thing right now, as far as accuracy and truth. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The governor has been retested and it came back negative. Well wishes to him and his wife.

@JaneMarple I read that he was tested twice with thePCRR test after the initialpostivee result and both he and his wife tested negative both times.  Glad to hear it, but concerned that our testing is not accurate.

I'm not too sure that the rapid test is that good. This just feeds into the hands of people who don't take covid-19 seriously or who don't believe the magnitude of the numbers.

BTW a 7 year old has died in Georgia of the virus.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Just heard on late, late news that he tested negative!  WTH?

Yep.

So how can we believe the numbers? These tests, the processing of them, the reporting, or something is amiss. Or maybe even all of it is.

If the tests aren't any more accurate than this, how can we really know/believe the numbers generated by them? I don't have much faith in the entire thing right now, as far as accuracy and truth. 

I never really believed the numbers from the get go...I have several friends that work in the medical field...They have shared a few stories.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The governor has been retested and it came back negative. Well wishes to him and his wife.

@JaneMarple I read that he was tested twice with the PCR test after the initial postive result and both he and his wife tested negative both times.  Glad to hear it, but concerned that our testing is not accurate.

I'm not too sure that the rapid test is that good. This just feeds into the hands of people who don't take covid-19 seriously or who don't beluve the magnitude of the numbers.

BTW a 7 year old has died in Georgia of the virus.

As if they need such feeding. @JaneMarple, Some cannot reconcile with the fact that in addition to all the human problems involved, we also are dealing with a totally new medical problem. Even if we had been prepared for a pandemic, it wouldn't have been specific enough to prevent some of the glitches.

Here in California, we have now no way to get an accurate count of cases due to a malfunction. This is serious, because every move the states makes is based on those numbers.

The is a huge problem, but it shouldn't result in people having no trust in anything regarding the virus.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Not really seeing the irony here. 

@GenXmuse   Neither am I because in a few hours he had a second test that turned out negative.

Since it was announced he would second test, all this was just jumping to conclusions.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh