Respected Contributor

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

@GenXmuse Even  it you have no temperature you can still have the virus ? I thought they always check everyone's temp during the advice shows that the Govenor is doing everyday ? I am so confused at all of what to do and not to do.Am I alone feeling like this.?

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@GenXmuse Even  it you have no temperature you can still have the virus ? I thought they always check everyone's temp during the advice shows that the Govenor is doing everyday ? I am so confused at all of what to do and not to do.Am I alone feeling like this.?

@BeccaLou Some people who have the virus are either asymptomatic and show no symptoms or pre-symptomatic and haven't developed symptoms yet.  It's scary that some test results don't seem to be accurate.  

Honored Contributor

I agree Dewine has worked hard, for hisstate.  No ego there.  I love John Kasich too.  I am from california , but both of them got myattention

Respected Contributor

Just heard on late, late news that he tested negative!  WTH?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Travone wrote:

He always wears a mask.  His wife has been making masks for who ever needs them.  They have been vocal on how they are not seeing family (kids and grandkids).  Thoughts are that he got it from someone at work.  I heard his wife has it too.

He mandated what each and every business had to do in order to reopen.  No sure why his offices would not be adhering to those struct restrictions.

I think all the restrictions and everyone following them is only going to reduce the spread, it's never going to completely eliminate it. 

I'm surprised our public officials aren't more heavily infected than what has been reported, seeing they are out and about dealing with this and other of the people's business every day. 

@Mominohio I think they are taking that prophylactic medicine that supposedly doesn't work and are getting tested daily.  

Contributor

Just because he tested positive doesn't mean he has the virus (he has no symptoms).  Not all tests are accurate.  He would have to be tested again and again.  The problems is that each test is being counted as one case of the virus.  The hospital gets approximately $13,000 for each case, so numbers are being inflated. Hospitals get three times as much money if the patient needs a ventilator.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@GenXmuse. I don't care.

@Allegheny. My sister lives in Fla and works in a hospital. I called her this past Saturday and then I asked to speak to her adult daughter who lives with her about something. My sister made me wait to talk to my niece until she sanitized the phone.
When I said. " You are even sanitizing the phone to hand to someone you live with?" She replied, "Everyone is getting the virus."

Ugh, that was depressing.

Your sister sounds smart.  

I agree with GenXmuse.  The irony is that many who don't wear masks, don't take any precautions, and go to crowded places get covid.  

Honored Contributor

Gov DeWine and wife tested negative after they tested positive.

I never really believed the numbers and this confirms my suspicion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Gov DeWine and wife tested negative after they tested positive.

I never really believed the numbers and this confirms my suspicion.

Yep, really makes you question all these numbers being thrown around by the experts.  And people wonder why some choose to think for themselves.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't give me much faith in the different types of Covid tests being given.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt