Honored Contributor

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

Thankfully, I am unclear on any conspiracy stuff regarding the governor. I don't know anything about him. But in our crazy world now, I guess everything has a conspiratorial spin just ready for consumption.

I wish his family well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
There is some irony here, as this governor got a lot of publicity early on for imposing lockdown and stringent rules. No symptoms, didn't know he had it, will self-quarantine for 14 days.
Source: Foxnews

@Pearlee 

How so?
Why is it ironic that governor  De Wine contracted Covid?  Are you blaming his behavior?  Other?

I pray for his quick and full recovery.   🙏

Stay safe. Stay home.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@GenXmuse. I don't care.

@Allegheny. My sister lives in Fla and works in a hospital. I called her this past Saturday and then I asked to speak to her adult daughter who lives with her about something. My sister made me wait to talk to my niece until she sanitized the phone.
When I said. " You are even sanitizing the phone to hand to someone you live with?" She replied, "Everyone is getting the virus."

Ugh, that was depressing.

Just the fact you responded kind of negates that assertion, but okay. 

Super Contributor

I am proud that Mike DeWine is my governor.  He and his wife, Fran, are good, decent people! He has worked, tirelessly, to keep our numbers down.

I wish them all the best during this trying time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Poor guy. 

Esteemed Contributor

IMO Ohio has had a run of decent governors - De Wine & Kasich. Wishing De Wine and wife well.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

The governor has been retested and it came back negative. Well wishes to him and his wife.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Updated at 10:35 p.m. ET

Hours after announcing he had tested positive for COVID-19, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said on Thursday evening that a second test for the virus came back negative.

DeWine announced that he was administered an antigen test in the morning and a PCR test in the afternoon, and was more confident in the results of the latter.

PCR tests for the governor, members of his staff and First Lady Fran DeWine were run twice, he said, and came back negative both times.

"We do not have much experience with antigen tests here in Ohio," DeWine said. "We will be working with the manufacturer to have a better understanding of how the discrepancy between these two tests could have occurred."

More at:  npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/08/06/899798411/ohio-gov-mike-dewine-tests-positive-for-the-coronavirus

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The governor has been retested and it came back negative. Well wishes to him and his wife.

@JaneMarple I read that he was tested twice with the PCR test after the initial postive result and both he and his wife tested negative both times.  Glad to hear it, but concerned that our testing is not accurate.

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

IMO Ohio has had a run of decent governors - De Wine & Kasich. Wishing De Wine and wife well.   

@jeanlake ITA.  I'm originally from OH and my parents and brother still live there.  I hadn't heard much about DeWine before the pandemic, but I followed Kasich during the last election and was very impressed.