Honored Contributor

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

@Pearlee wrote:
@Lipstick Diva. I chose not to include the info why De Wine was tested in my original post so as not to endanger this thread. I didn't think it was necessary.

And yes. The retesting is in case of a false positive

And this is what is pi##ing everyone off, the half truths and withholding of complete information

Why he was tested just now, is important information, because the two that were to meet don't see eye to eye on everything, and a negative follow up test result tomorrow would be suspect for sure. 

My guess is that even if he would test negative in a retest tomorrow or soon, we won't be told it is negative, or that part of the story will be buried. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry people I think too many of you are into conspiracy theories.  Dewine has too much respect for the OFFICE of the presidency to fudge the results of the test.  If he didn't want to meet the plane, he would have simply stayed in Columbus and held his normal Thursday press conference.

Honored Contributor

I'm starting to have my doubts about these tests.  If these are such a disaster, I really have my doubts about a vaccine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

And this is what is pi##ing everyone off, the half truths and withholding of complete information

Why he was tested just now, is important information, because the two that were to meet don't see eye to eye on everything, and a negative follow up test result tomorrow would be suspect for sure. 

My guess is that even if he would test negative in a retest tomorrow or soon, we won't be told it is negative, or that part of the story will be buried. 

@Mominohio 

Just a note on how sadly we are divided in OUR country, and not to start anything at all.  I feel equally as sure that if he is tests positive tomorrow, the story will still be buried.  

**Louie Gohmert. 😕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Sorry people I think too many of you are into conspiracy theories.  Dewine has too much respect for the OFFICE of the presidency to fudge the results of the test.  If he didn't want to meet the plane, he would have simply stayed in Columbus and held his normal Thursday press conference.

@Travone , there is no too many of you.  I agree with what you posted.  I don't think that is the case at all.

Funny thing is as soon as I heard about the positive test result, I said to my boss "let's see all the people commenting about how they don't believe DeWine has Covid."  Not 5 minutes later, I saw someone on my FB saying they didn't believe he had it.  LOL   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I believe you said before you live in Ohio.  Perhaps it is because we both live in Ohio and are very familiar with Dewine and his character that we believe him more than the others.  I don't think anyone that has seen Fran standing next to him at a press conference would think he would lie about having the virus.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   I believe you said before you live in Ohio.  Perhaps it is because we both live in Ohio and are very familiar with Dewine and his character that we believe him more than the others.  I don't think anyone that has seen Fran standing next to him at a press conference would think he would lie about having the virus.  Smiley Happy

@Travone , yes I live in Ohio.  Smiley Happy  And I absolutely don't think he would lie.  I'm just questioning these tests because they seem to be problematic.  On one hand I really hope for his sake that a second test doesn't reveal he was really negative.  The tongues will really be wagging. But I don't want him to be ill either.   

Respected Contributor

Doesn't matter if he tests negative tomorrow, because he's living with someone who also tested positive. So he has to quarantine, regardless.

If they both had false positives, I give up.

Those who decry the inaccuracies of the tests are really going to love what's on the horizon: batch, or group testing. It's a way of getting more mileage out of the PPE and test equipment.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  What happens if we "rock the boat"?