Honored Contributor

Re: Ohio Gov De Wine Tests Positive For Corona

Not really seeing the irony here. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That's too bad.  I sincerely wish him and his wife a total, swift recovery.

It is frightening.  Appears he and his family have been taking precautions, yet could still be exposed and contract the virus.

What does that say for the rest of us?  My husband and I follow guidelines; only going to the grocery store.   But I'm not fooling myself thinking I am totally protected.  

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

That's too bad.  I sincerely wish him and his wife a total, swift recovery.

It is frightening.  Appears he and his family have been taking precautions, yet could still be exposed and contract the virus.

What does that say for the rest of us?  My husband and I follow guidelines; only going to the grocery store.   But I'm not fooling myself thinking I am totally protected.  

@Allegheny   The more exposure the more chance of getting the virus....but yes...just one trip to the market and the right circumstances you could get it even being "careful". I am pretty scared about going anywhere. Leave the house once a week at most.  Then worry for the next week about symptoms 🙁

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Travone wrote:

He always wears a mask.  His wife has been making masks for who ever needs them.  They have been vocal on how they are not seeing family (kids and grandkids).  Thoughts are that he got it from someone at work.  I heard his wife has it too.

He mandated what each and every business had to do in order to reopen.  No sure why his offices would not be adhering to those struct restrictions.

His office and he may be. He could have gotten it from his wife.

Honored Contributor

I wish he and his wife a full recovery.

The gleefulness is always a shock, no matter how often.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse. I don't care.

@Allegheny. My sister lives in Fla and works in a hospital. I called her this past Saturday and then I asked to speak to her adult daughter who lives with her about something. My sister made me wait to talk to my niece until she sanitized the phone.
When I said. " You are even sanitizing the phone to hand to someone you live with?" She replied, "Everyone is getting the virus."

Ugh, that was depressing.
Frequent Contributor

Everybody went into this blind.  This is something we have not seen before. People seem to forget that.  I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstick Diva. I chose not to include the info why De Wine was tested in my original post so as not to endanger this thread. I didn't think it was necessary.

And yes. The retesting is in case of a false positive
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Travone wrote:

He always wears a mask.  His wife has been making masks for who ever needs them.  They have been vocal on how they are not seeing family (kids and grandkids).  Thoughts are that he got it from someone at work.  I heard his wife has it too.

He mandated what each and every business had to do in order to reopen.  No sure why his offices would not be adhering to those struct restrictions.

I think all the restrictions and everyone following them is only going to reduce the spread, it's never going to completely eliminate it. 

I'm surprised our public officials aren't more heavily infected than what has been reported, seeing they are out and about dealing with this and other of the people's business every day.