Valued Contributor

Oh no! Won't be able to wear my new Dennis Basso sweater during MRI!

I am so disappointed folks. I got this gorgeous new Dennis Basso holiday sweater today (A344761) and it arrived with a tag on the inside that said "Do not wear during an MRI." Because it contains metallic fibers. Metallic fibers can you know bollix the MRI, start on fire, fly off your body during the MRI, etc. Minor stuff like that. And here I had purchased this sweater exclusively for wearing during my next MRI. Not my next CT scan or ultrasound, not my next flu shot or blood pressure reading, but my next MRI. Now what I am going to wear inside the MRI machine? Gym shorts? I have nothing, absolutely nothing! None of my Quacker Factory with its rivets and metallic embroidery is MRI-friendly. Nor is my old Bob Mackie! 

What does Cher wear inside an MRI? 

I guess I'm stuck wearing this sweater to my next party. Cat Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

Re: Oh no! Won't be able to wear my new Dennis Basso sweater during MRI!

I've always worn a designated hospital-type gown during an MRI.  It's not a fashion show, it's  a medical procedure.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

I am so disappointed folks. I got this gorgeous new Dennis Basso holiday sweater today (A344761) and it arrived with a tag on the inside that said "Do not wear during an MRI." Because it contains metallic fibers. Metallic fibers can you know bollix the MRI, start on fire, fly off your body during the MRI, etc. Minor stuff like that. And here I had purchased this sweater exclusively for wearing during my next MRI. Not my next CT scan or ultrasound, not my next flu shot or blood pressure reading, but my next MRI. Now what I am going to wear inside the MRI machine? Gym shorts? I have nothing, absolutely nothing! None of my Quacker Factory with its rivets and metallic embroidery is MRI-friendly. Nor is my old Bob Mackie! 

What does Cher wear inside an MRI? 

I guess I'm stuck wearing this sweater to my next party. Cat Very Happy 

This is a joke. Nobody worries about what to wear when getting an MRI. You wear a hospital top or a gown. That would not even be a concern. I just want everything to be ok.

Honored Contributor

No holiday sweater, no underwrite bra.  Not a pretty sight inside that MRI tube.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've always worn a designated hospital-type gown during an MRI.  It's not a fashion show, it's  a medical procedure.

Me too along with fuzzy slipper socks. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Hey everybody, @AuntMame  was making a "funny" about the "warning" on her sweater!     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Hey everybody, @AuntMame  was making a "funny" about the "warning" on her sweater!     

She has a strange sense of humor. I had a brain tumor and had it removed 4 years ago. I have to have an MRI every couple of years to make sure I am still ok. I was fortunate and it was a meinigoma. So it wasn't funny to me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I don't know what you will wear to the MRI get together. Maybe Goodwill will have something nice :-) I just wore some schmatta (rag) when I had it done.

Honored Contributor

Comfortable, loose nonconfining clothing.  I hope the results are favorable and that would be my priority for this procedure.  Pull clothing out of your closet that will allow you to be relaxed yet presentable, so you don't have to think about it while you are in the MRI tube.  Hope your outcome is a healthy one.

Valued Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

She has a strange sense of humor. I had a brain tumor and had it removed 4 years ago. I have to have an MRI every couple of years to make sure I am still ok. I was fortunate and it was a meinigoma. So it wasn't funny to me. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your brain tumor @elated. They suck don't they? And they're incredibly frightening. And they destroy your life. I had one. It destroyed a significant portion of my brain. The reason for my strange sense of humor perhaps? It left me partly paralyzed. And with limited vision and hearing. And with a host of other annoying deficits. I've had so many MRIs and CTs I've lost count. I thought it rather amusing that my glamorous new holiday sweater came with a warning label tucked deep inside stating simply that I should not wear it inside an MRI. I've found that if I don't find things to laugh at especially late at night things can get rather dark. Forgive me if I have insulted you. I did not mean to insult anyone. I know how frightening brain tumors are. And MRIs too. Believe me I know. Heart I wish you all the best sister in your struggle. I wish you many years of love and happiness. It sucks, it really sucks. And the fear and the unknowing is the worst of it. Heart