Honored Contributor

Re: Oh my gosh! this almost brings me to tears...Alex Trebek

I am glad you shared this...Alex Trebek always seemed to be kind and caring; it is fitting that the less fortunate will benefit from this act of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  ThankYou for sharing this story!❤️

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I don't think anyone's comments are shameful. Some don't make more of something than what it is. This would have been a non-story if it weren't the person whose closet was being cleared. It's the same gesture I'm sure many, many of us have performed giving to many different charitable institutions upon the death of a loved one.

Yes, his family is continuing the tradition of giving. That's nice. 

But we're just horrible for pointing that out. Apparently if you're famous everything you do gets extra credit. Some are just not that infatuated with famous folks. 

And an extra halo @Lali1@Etoile308 don't forget the extra halo... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It has been my experience that most people donate the usable clothing of their loved ones who have passed.  This is pretty common and normal.

I wonder why somthing like this is even news.

Super Contributor

@gonebutnotforgotten —Thank you for posting. I appreciate hearing some good news whether it involves someone famous or not. Kindness matters.
Respected Contributor

Amazing! Beautiful!  So true to the man that Alex always presented himself to being.  Thank god there are/were men like this in our lifetime.  Just (((applause)))

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

It has been my experience that most people donate the usable clothing of their loved ones who have passed.  This is pretty common and normal.

I wonder why somthing like this is even news.

@Carmie 

Agreed.

He was a good host on a tv game show, and I'm sorry that he had cancer and died from it, but people are falling all over themselves and acting as if he's a saint.

They are practically worshipping him.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

I loved Alex and admired him for his wit and knowledge, but I think he also exhibits a total disconnect from anyone who is homeless.

@GrailSeeker 

Were you acquainted so that you would know that?

Respected Contributor

It's a nice gesture but not Overworthy of Merit in Heaven.  Our family donated our parants wardrobes as a matter of course.  I think most families do. 

I also hope the outfits with their matching acessories Remain unknown as to who they came from.  If it got out that the suit was Alex's It would most likely end up on ebay.  They will make a good impression for the people who do wear them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LadyAlice wrote:
@gonebutnotforgotten —Thank you for posting. I appreciate hearing some good news whether it involves someone famous or not. Kindness matters.

Yes that's all it is-some sort of good news in these awful times. Has nothing to do with him being a celebrity or famous. Some people here seem to want to see it that way because of their intense dislike for famous people. That dislike is well displayed here all the time.

I judge people as individuals. Alex Trebek didn't see himself as a celebrity. He just loved his longtime job and his family. And seemed to be a kind caring person. I've never read a negative word about him, honestly. But whatever.

Good deeds are just that, but pick them apart I guess...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"