Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh--the black and white beach pants!

A397560 the black and white beach pants. Every time I look at those things, something about them bothers me and I just figured out what it is.

Years ago my DH was a reseach scientist, specializing in DNA. And that's what those broken black stripes on the white beach pants remind me of: DNA strands.

If you've ever seen any kind of cop show where they capture the ba guy using DNA and they show the comparison on-screen, you'll know what I'm talking about.

He's retired now but, oh, how I remember all those late nights at the lab while he was "running a gel"--using electrophoesis to separate out the strands/genes.

I'm SO glad I didn't buy those pants (although I did buy the lemon ones); I'd hate to think of myself walking around with DNA strands running up and down my legs! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh my gosh--the black and white beach pants!

I can see your point but if I were to buy any of those beach pants it would be the DNA ones--LOL!!  Don't like any of the other prints.

Respected Contributor

I can understand how you feel. I saw a pretty pattern and bought them...interesting how our experiences affect us in so many ways. No right or wrong, just preference. 

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I can see your point but if I were to buy any of those beach pants it would be the DNA ones--LOL!!  Don't like any of the other prints.

well if you buy the DNA ones, enjoy! I already have 3 others and the lemon/blues will be a nice addition to my collection. They're SO comfy; now I need to find a complementary yellow shirt to go with them.

Esteemed Contributor

It's like when I was picking out kitchen counters.  The salesman asked me what I thought a particular pattern resembled, and without even a pause, I said "sperm".  A perfect little flagellate!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Karyotyping of Female and Male Hediste japonica (Polychaeta, Annelida) in  Comparison with Those of Two Closely Related Species, H. diadroma and H.  atoka

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

DNA in your genes.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

How we perceive differently is very interesting.  I kind of like DNA since it is rather basic to life and when it operates correctly.  Why not wear it on the outside since it's already on the inside?  LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the palm print ones but I wasn't shopping yesterday, only watching.  Thought it was odd that there were not more colors offered.