Honored Contributor

Re: Oh my goodness, best wedding photo ever!

Stupid question:  Do we know this isn't photo shopped?

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@momtochloe

You know I adore you....

but I think the picture is awful, so many deaths from daring events,

Don't think the picture is nice at all.

I have to agree with you.  I think the picture is awful also.  All it takes is for her to trip on her dress and fall over the cliff, or even a big gust of wind.   I think the couple played with their lives. 

Hey, if it made them happy who are we to argue? I just hope they didn't put anyone else in danger, that's all!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

While it is a beautiful photo, I would have a hissy if my son or daughter wanted a photo taken like this.  Every year people fall from mountain ledges, it is a horrible death.  One of my sorority sisters fell off a cliff when we were in college, luckily she survived. I just saw my son's instragram account and there are countless posts of his friends in college in the mountains and on the edge of a cliff. What are they thinking??

Esteemed Contributor

Wow @momtochloe, what a beautiful photo. Apparently this couple came forward after a while searching for them and it is not photoshopped. 

While this would not be my cup of tea, I don't get all the negative comments towards the OP for putting this up. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I don't think the negative comments are directed at the OP.  They're directed at the couple especially IF they did climb over a barrier at a national park to pose for this photo (that part was unclear)

I've been in lots of National Parks, and visitors are required to stay on marked trails, for their safety, as well as the safety of those who may have to come to their rescue if there is an accident.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

It's got to be staged.  Where in Yosemite could people get to such a ledge in dress clothes?  It's tough enough to hike there.

I work in a national park.  Photos like these are usually prohibited for obvious reasons, safety being the first among them.

When I saw this I thought that I don't believe for one hot second this wasn't a staged, carefully planned, and photoshopped thing possibly with models.  Sorry, but I've worked with photographpy for 35 years and that's my best guess.

Also, when did weddings become so geared toward photo ops rather than the ceremony and the guests?  To me that is sad. . . People act like it is a dramatic event and the epic of one's life rather than a marriage.  I feel sad for today's brides who have so much pressure on them and so many expectations from so many people.   

What should be a sweet, intimate moment between two people exchanging vows is so often a circus and a media event. 

Respected Contributor

Okay I confess this is me you know I like to do things over the top.Smiley LOL

Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

It's got to be staged.  Where in Yosemite could people get to such a ledge in dress clothes?  It's tough enough to hike there.

I work in a national park.  Photos like these are usually prohibited for obvious reasons, safety being the first among them.

When I saw this I thought that I don't believe for one hot second this wasn't a staged, carefully planned, and photoshopped thing possibly with models.  Sorry, but I've worked with photographpy for 35 years and that's my best guess.

Also, when did weddings become so geared toward photo ops rather than the ceremony and the guests?  To me that is sad. . . People act like it is a dramatic event and the epic of one's life rather than a marriage.  I feel sad for today's brides who have so much pressure on them and so many expectations from so many people.   

What should be a sweet, intimate moment between two people exchanging vows is so often a circus and a media event. 

I agree with your post Sooner.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

.....perfect set up for him to push her.

They don't even know who these people are.  After the photo, they disappeared.

Not if he's in a photograph.  D'uh.

@Pearlee  LOL!

@Kachina624 I think you watch too many 48Hours programs. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3  Although, as I was writing that response, I was thinking of that real-life "stupid criminal" in the news recently who  used his mug shot as his Facebook photo!   Smiley Happy