Frequent Contributor

Re: Oh my goodness, best wedding photo ever!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

.....perfect set up for him to push her.

They don't even know who these people are.  After the photo, they disappeared.

Not if he's in a photograph.  D'uh.

Duh, I think Kachina was making a joke.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@momtochloe

You know I adore you....

but I think the picture is awful, so many deaths from daring events,

Don't think the picture is nice at all.

I have to agree with you.  I think the picture is awful also.  All it takes is for her to trip on her dress and fall over the cliff, or even a big gust of wind.   I think the couple played with their lives. 

Honored Contributor

It won't end up with good news the next time a crazy couple tries to get a photo like this. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I think it's a stunning picture.  I wouldn't do it, but they did and best of luck to them.  Hope the rest of their life is that beautiful. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@hopi It's just awful. And stupid.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's lovely, and I'm afraid of heights.  Hard to believe it wasn't staged!  Perfect timing!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I'm not into all the enchantment.  Many people go to National Parks or other wilderness areas and disturb protected sites or even worse, sacred sites.  I don't find that at all acceptable.  Let the brides go to a studio or a building and get their photos and leave the outdoors and nature alone.  Who knows, the marriage may not last at all. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

This particular photo may not have been staged, but I'm sure their wedding photographer was standing out of view snapping their "real" wedding shots.  No way they randomly meandered out to that cliff to privately kiss in the sunset lol.  They probably have an entire album of similar shots taken from a slightly different angle by their photographer.

Esteemed Contributor

It's got to be staged.  Where in Yosemite could people get to such a ledge in dress clothes?  It's tough enough to hike there.

I work in a national park.  Photos like these are usually prohibited for obvious reasons, safety being the first among them.

Super Contributor

That looks like Glacier Point which is an easy walk from a parking lot.  There is a rail that one should stay behind for safety, but a lot of folks climb over and take pictures or pose for pictures.  This is nothing new.