Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

You know - my entire working career as a nurse I had to live under the threat that if I made a mistake I would get sued for everything I owned. Fortunately, I never did. But The level of perfection expected of people in some professions is astounding  -- then there are others who feel what this poor waitress did was just a little error , no biggie , why are you making a mountain out of a molehill? The reason is - first of all - that wasn't a little mistake.That could have potentially been a quite large mistake. Second of all - if I was held to the standard I was, and I was capable of working at that standard consistantly, despite at times being so horribly busy my mind was reeling, and yet more was piling on. Why shouldn't I expect that the same person who would sue me had I made a big mistake should at least not be giving my CC  to a stranger. Yes, it was an accident. But seriously, if I made a  error in my job, even though it was an accident, I'd be in court. So, no , I don't feel sorry for this waitress. She needs to be more careful.And I do feel the owner being unapologetic was rude.

Well, I don't expect perfection of everyone on earth because I have many flaws and make mistakes myself.  I also believe that what goes around comes around, and that you should treat others are you would be expected to be treated, or someday it comes roaring to bite you big time.  

I am a suspicious and wary person when things seem "off" to me, but when people make a simple mistake that is correctable and they make an effort to correct, I am not into shaming them or making them grovel or making a big deal of it before there is cause to be upset about it.  But thats just me.  I don't have much stomach for indignation. 

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Do they have a FB page?  You might want to post your experience.  I bet that would get a response from them.

Why? She hasn't even given the credit a chance to appear. Why would you do that to a new business. Good Grief.

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Do they have a FB page?  You might want to post your experience.  I bet that would get a response from them.

Why? She hasn't even given the credit a chance to appear. Why would you do that to a new business. Good Grief.

Um - let's see - maybe the manager's attitude.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

You know - my entire working career as a nurse I had to live under the threat that if I made a mistake I would get sued for everything I owned. Fortunately, I never did. But The level of perfection expected of people in some professions is astounding  -- then there are others who feel what this poor waitress did was just a little error , no biggie , why are you making a mountain out of a molehill? The reason is - first of all - that wasn't a little mistake.That could have potentially been a quite large mistake. Second of all - if I was held to the standard I was, and I was capable of working at that standard consistantly, despite at times being so horribly busy my mind was reeling, and yet more was piling on. Why shouldn't I expect that the same person who would sue me had I made a big mistake should at least not be giving my CC  to a stranger. Yes, it was an accident. But seriously, if I made a  error in my job, even though it was an accident, I'd be in court. So, no , I don't feel sorry for this waitress. She needs to be more careful.And I do feel the owner being unapologetic was rude.

Again over blown. You had the other guys cc and it was quickly rectified. As for being a nurse I would hope you are held to a higher standard then a poor waitress who probably had to eat her mistake besides giving you back your tip.Seriosuly?  Good grief. Having seen how you disregarded the feelings of a poor animal on another thread I am not surprised how you treated this situation but expected to have a meal comp and a gazillion apologies. And since we have no way knowing honestly how your career went I don't think it fair to call this kid's new job at the same level do you?

So if as you put it, the w aitress had to eat the mistake, why are you so upset with my suggestion that the  OP post this on FB?  Clearly, management is not the best here.  Yet you are quite defensive of management.  Why?

There was absolutely no need for rudeness on the part of the manager - for the complaint involved not only the mischarge, but the cold food and slow service.

Honored Contributor

I never go to a new restaurant until they've been there awhile and get the "kinks" worked out. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Oh holy cow!

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Well, I don't expect perfection of everyone on earth because I have many flaws and make mistakes myself.  I also believe that what goes around comes around, and that you should treat others are you would be expected to be treated, or someday it comes roaring to bite you big time.  

I am a suspicious and wary person when things seem "off" to me, but when people make a simple mistake that is correctable and they make an effort to correct, I am not into shaming them or making them grovel or making a big deal of it before there is cause to be upset about it.  But thats just me.  I don't have much stomach for indignation. 

And where do you see they have made any effort to correct this siuation? Per the cc company no credits have been issued and when my DH called to ask the owner to  do it again - she left him on terminal hold and never came to the phone.

Respected Contributor

One word comes to mind:  Karma

Valued Contributor

Unbelievable, This OP has a tale to tell every day. something is always wrong. someone is always doing something that needs to be called out.

they went to a diner. Most likely a small mom and pop place in Florida that caters to retirees, The waitress made a mistake, they corrected the mistake. IT ALWAYS TAKES 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS TO ISSUE CREDITS, And no, the credit card company cannot see something that hasn't taken place yet. she keeps saying they didn't issue a credit.

\

when a vendor issues a credit, they give you a refund slip, I am sure she forgot to tell that part of the story. Instead, let's roast the waitress and get her fired. stir up the community and post bad reviews on Yelp so they lost business (0ver what? I mistake by a waitress?) and let's call the news media to report this event. 

Since she said the place was jammed, it must be popular and the food good. A busy employee made a mistake. And her credit card was not "compromised" so that she needs another one. It was run through a machine on someone else's dinner check, and the run through properly on her own with the credit run through for the other diners. 

I cannpt fathom how people are ready to ruin people's lives and businesses over somethinbg like this.

Unbelievable, 

Honored Contributor

Post like this are the reason for the nastiness, every hear the expression you reap what you sow

@151949 wrote:

It is amazing how people will come and pile on the mean,nasty, snarky answers and they haven't even read the thread. Doesn't say very much for them as a person.As NAES said recently , this is the bonkers board.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It is amazing how people will come and pile on the mean,nasty, snarky answers and they haven't even read the thread. Doesn't say very much for them as a person.As NAES said recently , this is the bonkers board.

@151949  I just have to ask...why do you post here so often, and post your personal experiences, if you believe the reactions are going to be upsetting to you?  You clearly have no respect for anyone else's opinions, and call various posters out for being "bonkers".  

as for what happened to you...I have my own thoughts that you'll probably reject. Yes, it was a new business, and they have some kinks to work out.  You need to be more forgiving under these circumstances.  And more patient....I'll bet you'll get that credit if you wait a day or two. 

Respected Contributor

@151949  In my world this would be a small thing.  There was no need to call the credit card co.  Just mark it on your calendar to check it in about 5 days and the situation would have probably taken care of itself.  Don't sweat the small stuff.