Honored Contributor

Oh goody, another hard to find item

For me anyway, LOL.

I use Arrid Extra Dry Unscented deodorant. After my favorite deodorant was discontinued years ago, I probably tried 20 different replacements.  I didn't like any of them until I finally found Arrid Extra Dry, Unscented. 

It has never been easy to find locally.  Target doesn't have it.  Haven't seen it at Kroger.  But I always found it at Publix,

I tried to add it to my Instacart list yesterday and it didn't show up.  So I went to the store today, did my shopping in person and they no longer carry the unscented.

So I came home, looked on Amazon and ordered 2 three packs.  That particular vendor only had 5 three packs left in stock.  

So I won't have to look for it again for quite awhile and I'm glad about that. I don't know whether it's discontinued or just hard to find, but at least I won't have to go searching for it for awhile. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Oh goody, another hard to find item

Oh great. Which channel was hawking this as a cure now? Lol. I'm glad you got some @gidgetgh

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

Don't you hate it when they discontinue something you have used for years? It has happened to me with deodorant, hair spray, bras, and other things.  I find something I like and I stick with it. 

Honored Contributor

Gidget - Glad you found it on Amazon.  That's where I get mine, too.   

Actually, it's the 'fresh scent' Arrid Extra Dry that I've used for decades.  One time I went to get some at the grocery store (years ago) and they only had the unscented, so I got one.  But I, one who often DOES prefer unscented products, didn't like it as much as I like the Fresh Scent.

So, off to Amazon I went and ever since I get mine there.  

I figured it was this - everything I really like a lot seems to become either obsolete or hard to get.   Seriously.    I think they still make these products (sure hope they do!), but it seems like stores are more and more likely to carry fewer varieties of many given products.    Just be glad you don't like the same one I like!  Smiley Very Happy    If I like it, it's sure to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Honored Contributor

Still shows it's available on their website. If you click on solid unscented, enter your zip code it will show where it's available in your area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

Still shows it's available on their website. If you click on solid unscented, enter your zip code it will show where it's available in your area.

@Nightowlz - thanks. I just did that and it only listed Publix. Tons of locations for Publix, but just Publix. 

I am the absolute, undisputed queen of discontinued items.  So, I may order a few more from Amazon. I really did have quite a time finding a deodorant I could tolerate and I really don't want to go through that again.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Oh, that's always so frustrating. I have Amazon Prime and use the Subscribe and Save service to get deodorant, some OTC allergy medications, and Sonicare brush heads, and Clarisonic brushes, laundry soap, and HEPA air filters. It's easy and as long as I have 5 items delivered a month, I get a discount.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh You could contact the company that manufactures it to find out where it is distributed nearest to your zip code, if it still is.
Esteemed Contributor

Unscented in general can be hard to come by.  Some of the scents drown out your perfume.  Hate that.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Oh, that's always so frustrating. I have Amazon Prime and use the Subscribe and Save service to get deodorant, some OTC allergy medications, and Sonicare brush heads, and Clarisonic brushes, laundry soap, and HEPA air filters. It's easy and as long as I have 5 items delivered a month, I get a discount.

This is a bit of an aside tangent: When you use Subscribe and Save, do all the items ship at the same time and does the payment go through on the same day each month or 3 months or whatever?

I like to keep pretty tight control on autopayments, and when I put something on subscribe and save once, it kept surprising me. If there were a rhyme and reason to the shipments and payments, I'd put half our nonperishables on there lol!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr