Honored Contributor

Oh goodness another multiple shooting in Maryland

Details are trickling in but it appears to be at a newspaper building in Maryland.  Initial reports are multiple people wounded but nothing confirmed at this time.  It appears they may have the shooter in custody at the Capital Gazette building.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh goodness another multiple shooting in Maryland

Moderators, please close my thread as another has been opened.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Honored Contributor

5 dead, a number gravely wounded.

Respected Contributor

So it appears that he had a defamation suit against the paper and lost.  This is quite different than all the speculation that this was something different.  

I really wish people would wait for the facts before going off with their own narrative.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Where have I been? Someone told people that the media is so bad that people should shoot them?! Who said this? When did they say this? Wouldn’t this be all over the media?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

So it appears that he had a defamation suit against the paper and lost.  This is quite different than all the speculation that this was something different.  

I really wish people would wait for the facts before going off with their own narrative.

@Isobel Archer

Actually not so different.  It was speculated that people are being told the media is awful, and untruthful, and that one should take matters into their own hands; and perhaps someone did.

Try again.  Officials told NBC News that Ramos once filed a defamation suit against the Gazette in 2012 for a column it published in 2011 about a guilty plea he entered in a criminal harassment case. The claim was dismissed, however, on account of Ramos not having any evidence.

He has apparently believed this paper was "awful and untruthful" since 2011. 

Respected Contributor

And it took until 2018 for him to act on it.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

this is near my neck of the woods and i have been traveling all day. i was listening to non stop coverage on WBAL radio while i was driving. so very sad that these horrors keep happening and so very sad that some people will not be going home tonight.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have been unable to find anything Ramos has tweeted recently that would hint that his actions were fueled by recent remarks.

If somebody can find them, please advise.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh