Honored Contributor

Those who don't like Christmas in July are not going to have a good weekend. Friday through Sunday. Personally, I don't mind. I don't live for it, but I don't mind. I would be more interested in three days of CIJ than 3 days of cosmetics, jewelry or clothes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Not sure, but I think there's a Hallmark MONK marathon Saturday. 

"I could be wrong now..."  Woman LOL

That show holds up well after several years.

Respected Contributor

I have a cable company that provides more than 300 channels. I'm sure if I find the time to watch TV this weekend I will have lots of choices.

I like jewelry, cosmetics and fashion and I'm sure there will be other days that make me happy with these kinds of shows.

Honored Contributor

My kindle is loaded with good books, no need to watch tv. I just can't get into holiday items when it!s hot and humid.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Dear. I don't even like Christmas in December... Love my Creator but I'm over materialistic holidays. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Oh, Dear. I don't even like Christmas in December... Love my Creator but I'm over materialistic holidays. 

It's a symbolic holiday, we don't have to do anything materialistic.

@jeanlake

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

@jeanlake

@Noel7  Which clearly isn't QVC's take on the holiday.

I don't mind the shows at all.  Being Jewish, those shows save me from any temptations, esp. by replacing a LOGO show this Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Since I live in a household with a bazillion Xmas decorations come November and I already have a few pieces for my area, I don't "need" anything decor-wise, but I will occasionally get ideas for a gift here and there, or something to buy later. 

When QVC is on at my house it's largely on for background and on mute half the time. If I'm in a buying mood I'll look at Items Recently on Air. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I don't really like CIJ but in the modern world the entertainment options are endless.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Oh dear....

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@jeanlake wrote:

@jeanlake

@Noel7  Which clearly isn't QVC's take on the holiday.

I don't mind the shows at all.  Being Jewish, those shows save me from any temptations, esp. by replacing a LOGO show this Saturday.

Hi @Pearlee

Just to be clear, my comment wasn't about QVC at all.  There are other things Christians can do for the holiday to commemorate, as an Advent ring of candles.

Or Christmas hymns.