Respected Contributor

Oh No !! A Major winter storm for the midwest !

I am only good for 1 snowfall per winter up to 2" and let's get on with spring!  St. Louis is about to get a maybe 10-12" snowfall by Thursday evening. It's started raining now, temp was up to 63 today and it's dropping with freezing rain by tomorrow morning, changing to snow. When I left my grandson's home today after his virtual kindergarten class was over I told him I would see him Monday because grandma is not coming out of her home probably until then once the snow has been melting and the temp rises. His school will probably close anyway due to the snow. He said to me "Grandma you won't be back until Monday ? I said yes sweetheart but we can Facetime, he said ok but I will miss you"  Stay safe all who is in the path of the storm. The last time we had a snowstorm like this it was 1982.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh No !! A Major winter storm for the midwest !

I'm originally from there.  I remember the storm of 1982.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Amarillo could get 2-4 inches of snow over Wed & Thurs.

Worst thing is temps are gonna drop like a bomb. 

Won't get my new couch till Tues. it missed the truck and place is gonna close I think anyway because of the potential of bad roads.

1#blueb.gif

Honored Contributor

Hoping it stays south and east of Wisconsin.

Respected Contributor

The predictions are all over the place, but Central Illinois will get between 6 to 16 inches of snow.

Fine with me!  I love snow!☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Please take care Texas folks. The state has admitted the electric grid might go out again.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Please take care Texas folks. The state has admitted the electric grid might go out again.

Think that was Dallas or Houston. Surely, they have figured that out this yr.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  wrote: I'm originally from there. I remember the storm of 1982. 

My son was 10 yrs old, we lived in a small house and the snow was up to our front door so we couldn't get out. A neighbor came over and dug the snow away from the door. It was also the first time I ever saw someone on snow skis, skiing down our street !  The Hospital I worked at was asking nurses to stay over night as the storm was happening. They were in the process of adding 2 additional floors so they had rooms available with beds so they could accomodate us but I chose not to stay, I drove home to my family and that's where I stayed for several days  

Honored Contributor

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

I am right in the path of this storm. Rain, freezing rai, sleet, ice , then snow . Hopefully , we don't lose power.