Honored Contributor

Re: Oh No !! A Major winter storm for the midwest !

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Just heard the generic "West Mesa" is predicted to get 4 - 6".  That should be you.

@Kachina624 

To me, West Mesa is SW ABQ.

The snow has started coming down here in NW ABQ and the Sandias are white.

The birds are noisy.

Should snow most of today and tonight.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Indiana. We are bracing for the storm.  Right now temperatures are dropping and we have slush that will turn into ice and a possibility of up to 15 inches of show over the next couple of days.  Like @Kachina624  I'm rather excited about finally getting a big snow.  I have always loved it.  Of course I don't have to drive in it anymore so that makes a big difference.

We have a generator and a grandson who helps us with the snow. I love love  love looking out into the woods when the cardinals come out and set on those snow-covered branches. It looks like a beautiful Christmas card!

Honored Contributor

I can handle and enjoy and extra long weekend, but I do not want the 8 days I was locked up at home last February here in Texas.  No food trucks could come in all week.  Finding food in stores and even at drive thru restaurants was worse then the worst Covid days of trying to shop.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@jubilant    I actually sat on my porch awhile this afternoon (23°) and watched it snow.  I have a blue spruce that looked so pretty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It just started good about 4pm, and there were a couple inches shortly after.  I sat outside at 23° and watched it for awhile.  It looked pretty in my blue spruce.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   Heard on the news tonight....we get Albuquerque news here..that RR schools are closed tomorrow...I bet you'll get more snow than we did...enjoy...DW

Respected Contributor

That initial layer of thick ice is a downer when trying to dig a car out.... Especially when there's 10 inches of snow on top.  Snow storms are beautiful to watch and photograph.  The frustration is big time, however, when one discovers the snow plow turns left at your driveway, causing the street's load to dump right there and make a 21 inch high barrier for you to clean away.  It happens everytime and this time there was more ice.  We end up shoveling the street.  Thank goodness I made DH purchase a snow blower when he retired, and this time we really needed it.  

Respected Contributor

The snow has just about ended here in St. Louis, official snowfall amt 6.6" but some areas got up to 11", 8" in my area. Ok I'm done for snow, that should be enough for the next 3 years before we see another snowfall !!