Honored Contributor

Oh Heck, I Do Not Have the 'Line of Genius'

[ Edited ]

I was just now reading a review of Jamie Bernstein's memoir (she was famed conductor Leonard Bernstein's daughter), and she recounted a bit about her life with her dynamic and talented dad.

In "Famous Father Girl," she writes that "at her 28th birthday party, before a group of people, Bernstein 'gestured to a crease in his forehead and said to [Jamie.]  'You see this line here that runs right down the middle?  That's the Line of Genius.  You don't have one.' "

Of course, besides being thrown by a father's put-down of his child, I wondered if perhaps I had this sign on my forehead.  No, I am humbled to report.  I do not.

So, I thought I need to test this theory.  I selected only one other person as I do not wish to test Bernstein's theory too much lest I know that it is valid and I have been once again left behind.  LOL

I selected Bill Gates.  To my mind, he, too, is a creative genius.

He has the Line of Genius, too.  Nuts!

Image result for photo of leonard bernstein's face

Leonard Bernstein showing his "Line of Genius" on his forehead.

Image result for photo of bill gates' face

Bill Gates showing his "Line of Genius," too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh Heck, I Do Not Have the 'Line of Genius'

[ Edited ]

I failed the test so badly that I had the wrong word in the title.

Wondering if my face creams erased my "Line of Genius."  (I am really LOLing over this.)

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I was just now reading a review of Jamie Bernstein's memoir (she was famed conductor Leonard Bernstein's daughter), and she recounted a bit about her life with her dynamic and talented dad.

In "Famous Father Girl," she writes that "at her 28th birthday party, before a group of people, Bernstein 'gestured to a crease in his forehead and said to [Jamie.]  'You see this line here that runs right down the middle?  That's the Line of Genius.  You don't have one.' "

Of course, besides being thrown by a father's put-down of his child, I wondered if perhaps I had this sign on my forehead.  No, I am humbled to report.  I do not.

So, I thought I need to test this theory.  I selected only one other person as I do not wish to test Bernstein's theory too much lest I know that it is valid and I have been once again left behind.  LOL

I selected Bill Gates.  To my mind, he, too, is a creative genius.

He has the Line of Genius, too.  Nuts!

Image result for photo of leonard bernstein's face

Leonard Bernstein showing his "Line of Genius" on his forehead.

Image result for photo of bill gates' face

Bill Gates showing his "Line of Genius," too. 

I have a few lines on my forehead, but not that one.....didn't even have to look, lol

Trusted Contributor

I can think of other descriptive words for someone who would talk to his daughter that way.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Marie,

He was tricky to navigate for a daughter, according to the review of the book.  However, revealing a loving heart, his daughter did love him always, even if hurt or repulsed by some of his questionable behavior.  He had a habit of French-kissing anyone after an evening of booze and pills.  Ugh!  

Honored Contributor

All the lines on my face denote maturity, experience, and worry.   I doubt I will ever be mistaken for being a "genius". 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Decided to continue random tests:

Alexander Graham Bell has the infamous "11" but don't all of us have that, even if faintly there?  Surely, he is a genius.  OR, does he have the "Line of Genius" between his "11?"

Image result for photo of alexander graham bell's face

Not seeing anything on this rendition of Will Shakespeare.

Image result for photo of william shakespeare

Nothing for Emily Dickinson.

Image result for photo of emily dickinson

Marie Curie has the "11."

Image result for photo of marie curie

Albert Einstein seems to have the "11," too.

Albert Einstein : News Photo

Does Jeff Bezos have the "Line of Genius" or a lopsided "11?"

Image result for photo of jeff bezos's face

Respected Contributor

I have the Line of Botox,lol.

Honored Contributor

I wonder where that theory originated?
I do have a single deep vertical crease since my early 20s. Too much reading and studying at all hours.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know, Bikerbabe, but you apparently make the grade as a genius!  Studious, too.   Wonderful!