Honored Contributor

Re: Oh Hail No! Beware, Snake Story.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Spurt   You should have been here on Friday.  There was a truck sitting out front (men were gathering detour signs) running.  It was loud and my 2 chickens came running in the LR, eyes wide, deciding where to hide.

Headed to the bedroom, nope, turned, headed to the stairs, no, it might get us there. By the time the 2 little knuckleheads found a hiding spot, the truck was gone. They didn't know whether to poop or go blind, as the saying goes.

And they have teeth and claws.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

😸😸😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips   If I flew I would go to a big city in Australia to visit.  Would I venture into the outback, nope. I'll watch Nat Geo.

Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach   Those guys look like my cats when a stranger comes or they get spooked.  It's RUN, stranger danger.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Spurt   You should have been here on Friday.  There was a truck sitting out front (men were gathering detour signs) running.  It was loud and my 2 chickens came running in the LR, eyes wide, deciding where to hide.

Headed to the bedroom, nope, turned, headed to the stairs, no, it might get us there. By the time the 2 little knuckleheads found a hiding spot, the truck was gone. They didn't know whether to poop or go blind, as the saying goes.

And they have teeth and claws.

I read this whole post without seeing who posted and thought that the writer kept chickens in her house. Not till I saw the bit about teeth did I check on the author's name. Ohhhh. Cat Wink

It's hard to believe Petunia is afraid of anything.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of snakes, copperhead mating season is from August to October, so watch your step!    

Respected Contributor

I like to watch a Youtuber who lives in Melbourne and she often comments that in Australia when you bring home houseplants from the nursery or store you have to repot them outside and watch for spiders in the soil.

My biggest worry here in the PNW is finding gnats or mealy bugs on a new houseplant.

If I had to worry about finding spiders in the houseplant soil I would never buy a plant.

Snakes and spiders are two of my biggest fears.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Speaking of snakes, copperhead mating season is from August to October, so watch your step!    

I remember growing up in PA and if you went walking into the woods you always had to be on the lookout for copperheads.   They would often stretch across fallen tree logs as they were sunning themselves.   You always had to keep your gaze to the ground.   

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, @noodleann , I swear she and Tess both are part chicken.  Our neighbor's kid has a very loud ATV.

When he tears through the field Petunia freezes, a front paw in the air, eyes wide and looks at us like, "why aren't we running for the closet."

Regular Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I have a girlfriend who lived in California City ( in Mojave Desert) who opened her garage door to find dead baby rattle snake on the middle of the floor. She moved shortly thereafter.

Living in Arizona, this can be a regular occurance!  Live ones though.  My eyes are always sweeping the ground as I walk anywhere.  Last year in late September, caught a bull snake making his way up my stucco home close to my bedroom window!  No windows in my home have been opened since!!