Esteemed Contributor

I was talking to my late Sister's oldest daughter.  She lives in southwestern PA. 

Her kids started school today, 2 boys 16 and 15.  They also have a 6 yr. old boy and his 5 yr. old sister. The younger kids were adopted nearly 5 years ago.

Needless to say, she is busy, she works fulltime, all the boys are in sports and the girl is in cheerleading. Plus my niece just had surgery and is dealing with staples and a drain.

She was trying to get everyone out the door this am and the 5 yr. old girl (1st day of kindergarten) was giving her a hard time. She looked at my niece and asked, "why do you talk to me like i'm a child."  

Oy vey. I told my niece to buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride in those teenage years.

Respected Contributor

She sounds like she will be one of the tough ones! Best of luck to her teachers...

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

children that age usually repeat what they have heard. Likely, she heard this phrase at home  .Could the child have over heard  your niece say this abt how someone tlaks to her or does she say this phrase to her teen agers ?

Honored Contributor

With 3 older brothers, she has to be tough.  She probably repeated something she heard on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23   She is a tough cookie.  She loves sparkly things, has been a shoe hound since she realized she had feet but will try to wrestle with her brothers

@skatting44  She comes up with this stuff on her own.  When she was 3 she told her Dad she needed a cell phone to check in with a girl in daycare. She is 5 going on 25.  She thinks anyway.

Honored Contributor

I feel for this momma.  The time to work with boundary setting is now before issues become more demanding.

I guess the windows and outer doors need to be measured for bars.  Heavens!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  They will make sure reform school is not in her future.

Respected Contributor

Oh my. And so Karen begins.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Omg...   that's so funny.   Only one answer to that. "Because you are a child, Missy!"

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  Yeah, that was pretty much what her Mother told her.

She had a rough start in life. Her biological Mother did drugs while pregnant.  She had the baby and when she was discharged from the hospital left the baby and never went back to see her.  Children and Youth took the baby and her brother.  My niece and her DH were asked if they would foster the kids.  The little girl was about 4 months old.  They decided to adopt them.