Respected Contributor

Re: Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...lol..

@Shorty2U ... I hear you! We have one 8-foot Christmas tree and two table-topper trees elsewhere in the house. DH is the one who wants the big tree, so I let him handle putting together that one. It gets very frustrating putting it together and getting everything to work. I handle the table toppers. I keep them decorated all year and just put a cloth over them and put them in storage the rest of the year...no work at all! Those would be enough for me, as we go away for Christmas anyway.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana  Thank you !!!!

Honored Contributor

2 years ago our tree that was only a couple years old had the entire middle burn out.My DH is an electrical engineer and he was unable to figure out how to get that tree to light up. Finally after a whole day of frustration he said let's go buy a new one. That new  one is so beautiful but this is it's third year so I am a little nervous about getting it out and plugging it in. 3 years seems to be about average for us as we turn the tree on first thing in the morning and leave it lit until we go to bed.

Contributor

The key to longevity in these artificial, pre-lit trees is to manage how long they are lit each day. You cannot leave a tree with incandescent bulbs lit all day and night. The bulbs will eventually burn out.  

Respected Contributor

omg your post is funny.  look for a new tree after the holiday. stores will discount them way down to get rid of them. good luck tree shopping.when its time.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the replies and suggestions.

@BalletBabe- I am so sorry for your loss. It is difficult to lose a loved one, and especially at the holidays, it is tough to celebrate. I will keep you in my prayers.

That gun thing I havent tried lately but I had one before and it never worked for me. Maybe this is a new one?

We intend to try to get a new tree with after Christmas sales.

Lastly- the tree is up and all decorated and it looks nice. The ornaments really cover up the string of lights we replaced so you cannot see it.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles