Trusted Contributor

They don't sell the frozen yogurt here anymore...they switched to soft serve ice cream and it is terrible. Tastes oily. I miss the frozen yogurt ☹️ DH and I would share a cup since it was so big. 

Trusted Contributor

Guess it depends on where you live. They closed the food courts, stacked the tables on top of shelves in the back of the store, and put gates up in front of the cash register/ ordering counters. Now all the ordering is done at self-ordering kiosks. No workers taking orders now. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover Oh that's a shame. Our Costco never went that route, I think the city of Kirkland would have staged a revolt LOL. Always had people working. They did add payment kiosiks but I've never used them.

Honored Contributor

I was going to stop in this week for one of their hot dogs but I'm not a member and read that Costco started (in 2020) to enforce the rule that only members could patronize the food court.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr I remember seeing on the news that some were some time ago but ours never has. I've never seen anyone ask to see a membership card or ask the question. Maybe ours is just nicer!

Honored Contributor

I must be in the minority.  i think Costco hot dogs are greasy. I can't eat them without getting a stomach ache.

I can't eat the roll, so there is nothing to soak all that grease up.

I bought chicken bakes in the freezer section because I heard good thing about them.  My DH ate one for lunch once and never wanted them again.  The box is still in my freezer.

I bought a tuxedo cake because the reviews were good.  My DH said his mouth  felt too greasy when he ate it...I ended up throwing it out.

I do buy Asian chicken wraps in the prepared food section, and they disappear. My husband loves them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It may be worth joining Costco afterall.  I've got one close.

qIt's the little things in life that make it fun.

Costco shopping is an event.... so easy to spend.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oh Boy I'm Stuffed!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 The food court is open to the public! No membership required.

@Kachina624  Also their optical, pharmacy and hearing aid depts. do not require a membership either (by law), because they're medical services. 

Tell  he greeter you just want to go to one of those depts, then take your time and check out the whole store and see if you want to join.  The prices on woman's clothing are fabulous, also if you need a scooter to drive, they have them.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I must be in the minority.  i think Costco hot dogs are greasy. I can't eat them without getting a stomach ache.

I bought chicken bakes in the freezer section because I heard good thing about them.  My DH ate one for lunch once and never wanted them again.  The box is still in my freezer.

I bought a tuxedo cake because the reviews were good.  My DH said his mouth  felt too greasy when he ate it...I ended up throwing it out.

I do buy Asian chicken wraps in the prepared food section, and they disappear. My husband loves them.

You're not alone.  I have never liked the Costco hot dogs. The few times I tried them they really upset my stomach.  My husband and I always liked the Chicken Caesar Salad.   It was so plentiful that we would share it.  Now they seemed to have discontinued it from the menu.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Oh my @Carmie :  I am not a hot dog person but love Costco's, not greasy at all at my Costco.  The tuxedo cakes have graced my entertainment dinners and have always gotten great reviews.  I'm sorry you have had horrible experiences at Costco.  It really surprised me.  I think you must be a fabulous cook and I would understand your disappointments there.  Me, not a cook so much but love to entertain and use Costco as my caterer.